Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trump's Inauguration

Default Re: Trump's Inauguration

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Troubadour

Joe has a point. It's a different branch of the arts but way back before Trump announced he was running for the White House Penn Jillette, having appeared on Celebrity Apprentice twice, passed comment that as much as he liked and respected Trump he didn't think he'd make a good president. Cue Trump lambasting him on Twitter and saying, amongst others things, that the only reason Penn (& Teller) was so famous was because of him, and the only things he'd heard about their show was that it was awful. As far as his manner of speaking and conduct is is concerned, Trump certainly has it in him to be a petulant moron even off only the slightest provocation, and now that he is going to be POTUS (suck it up kids, I abhor the bloke too but reality cannot be evaded) his communication carries a lot more gravitas than it did when essentially he was just another Gates or Buffett.

Banned

I wonder if Trump has considered hiring "Tribute Acts" ? There are so many, surely they wouldn't all turn him down. Could Irving prevent an Eagles Tribute Band performing?

Don Felder professes to be apolitical, maybe he could put an Inauguration band together.
    Maybe Trump will skip the music and put on a military display or a beauty pageant instead. Are any of the Trump family in show business?
    Last edited by Funk 50; 12-24-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I just saw that in Joe's thread and commented that he might get "Trumped" for the comments he had!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I knew better than to bring my a** into this thread.

I am not a Republican and Trump was definitely not my choice but I was raised to respect the office even if I could not respect the man holding it. It's the civil way to handle things. (And yes, he actually is your president, too, whether you like it or not.)

I'd also like to remind you that not everyone agrees with you politically. Please have a care for those who do not.
    I'm assuming you are referring to me, although it's hard to tell when it's not quoted, that feature is there to make things easier. Just a friendly reminder.

While he factually may be my president, I am refusing to refer to him in that way. That will be at my discretion and I don't think it's quite fair to tie the words "civil" onto it. It's my right, and I am well aware he was elected but he is the furthest thing from presidential I've seen, and I don't see him that way.

I have nothing with or against Republicans, I have plenty of friends who are. I just personally cannot and will not support Donald Trump. I find him to be repulsive. Your miles may vary, but seemingly you agree. But I feel I've been more than fair. You can go on any platform and see some of the things DJT fans say about the Democratic side or Hillary fans. I'm a saint by comparison.

So I don't think it's fair to say I "don't have a care", FWIW. And to go even further, I have nothing against Donald Trump supporters. But I'm not going to hold my feelings back on what I think of him just to make them happy when a lot of them have gloated, called HRC and her supporters horrible things (though no supporter bashing here). So no, I won't hold back my feelings on the man just because he has supporters. And TBH, I think the opposite is fair, as long as it isn't attacking each other. Just to clear things up. I have nothing against Republicans or DJT fans. It's just DJT himself I have a big problem with. YMMV.

Border Rebel

First, I didn't specifically mean you, so I didn't quote you. Second, a person don't need to support Trump but at the very least have some respect for the office itself and fellow citizens that voted for him by showing some decorum. And third, if one wants to offend people over their politics on an Eagles entertainment website, one is free to do it, but why? The deal is done and no amount of name calling or acting petulant will stop it or take it back.

I was really hoping that things would calm down after the election but I should have know better. Neither side is prepared to act like rational, civilized adults and I'm sick of both. Tacky, tacky, tacky!

Happy New Year.
    PS #ronpaul2000
    I don't usually get involved in political discussions, but I don't believe having strong feelings against the president is tacky. Just because someone is elected, doesn't mean he's the right choice, or even that we should have respect for him. The US as a country has done some pretty rotten things over its history, and they have only ever been (partially) righted because people have spoken out, objected, and held their ground.

One of the good things about America is that we have the freedom of speech. We can say anything we want about the president, and no doubt, will. It may not change anything, but at least those of us who want to can object as we see fit.

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    I don't usually get involved in political discussions, but I don't believe having strong feelings against the president is tacky. Just because someone is elected, doesn't mean he's the right choice, or even that we should have respect for him. The US as a country has done some pretty rotten things over its history, and they have only ever been (partially) righted because people have spoken out, objected, and held their ground.

One of the good things about America is that we have the freedom of speech. We can say anything we want about the president, and no doubt, will. It may not change anything, but at least those of us who want to can object as we see fit.
    Thank you maryc, I completely agree...

I find it ironic that redstorm is complaining of "name calling", when they are dishing it out as well towards me (and maybe others too), so I find it hard to take their words with much more than a grain of salt. I really strongly agree with your last paragraph. When you give up your right to stand up for what's right or what you believe in, a big part of your dignity goes away and not only that but you become a puppet, dumbed down and a good sweet little doormat. It's even worse when you are pressured to do so by others. Not gonna happen. If they think my goal by saying what I feel is to "offend people", they are misguided at best. My goal isn't to rile up Trump supporters. My goal is to say how I feel about Donald Trump and discuss topics I consider very important.

Let's not get carried away here. I do not want to censor your speech but to simply ask you to consider how your words and actions effect other people. This is not grade school where you would pout and call the other person names if you don't get your way. It's mean and makes one look petty.

We all have to make our own minds up about what we believe is morally acceptable, so I'll just leave you to it. I need to get ready for a party anyway.

God bless you and have a good night! Be safe!

-Stormy
    My saying Trump is unfit to be president and that I find him repulsive, that isn't a knock on ANY member here. That's a knock on him. If his supporters take offense, then it's really their problem for taking something not directed at them so personally. TTBOMK, I've never "called names" to any Trump supporter here or anywhere on the interwebz. So yes, you are asking me to censor my speech when you say (directly or not) to basically not say anything bad about Trump. I'm sorry, I won't do it. I PROMISE you had Hillary won there would be people saying things about her. I don't have any problems with my morals. I feel that by saying what I believe in and standing up for what I deem right, I'm doing just fine, I'm not going to lose any sleep tonight, lol. To each their own. Ok?

I also have a party of mine to attend to, and I'm going to leave it at that. But TBH, you are the only one who has thought I was personally going after someone or that I'm upsetting anyone. I could quote posts from the other side.

That said, I'll take the high road and say if I upset you or someone else, I'm sorry. My intention is and has been to go after the man himself. I have nothing against his supporters or those who think he is the best thing for the US. They are also standing up for what they believe in, and kudos to them. I'm just making commentary on the man himself and when you put yourself in such a public position you are very open to criticism however constructive or harsh.

Have a great night. I'm sorry that we can't see eye to eye. I'll be moving on.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 12-31-2016 at 08:09 PM.

#notmypresident

sums it up for me too

If he does half the things he has promised to MAGA (take the us back to the 50's) he will ensure my death.

Sometime this week, I will post updates on me. It is not pretty and I can say I am damn lucky to be alive right now.

drumpth will likely mean I die

Quote Originally Posted by sad-cafe View Post
    #notmypresident

sums it up for me too

If he does half the things he has promised to MAGA (take the us back to the 50's) he will ensure my death.

Sometime this week, I will post updates on me. It is not pretty and I can say I am damn lucky to be alive right now.

drumpth will likely mean I die
    As bad as he is, Rather have him as president than the liar/Criminal Hillary