Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

Thanks for posting that CA. I have never sided with Stevie about outsting Lindsey. IMO, it's not Fleetwood Mac without them both. Stevie needs to drop the diva and do what's best for the band in the twilight of its career.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for sharing CA. Couldn’t of said it better dreamer. Lindsey is such a huge part of that band.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Lindsey is saying Mick Fleetwood wants him back in Fleetwood Mac... but it's really up to Stevie.

https://ew.com/music/lindsey-bucking...od-mac-return/
    Oh brother !!! I guess we all knew that would happen...... Stevie cancelled her tour for 2021 and rescheduled tent. for 2022.

Mick, John, and Christine really didn't want to see Lindsey go. I believe that with every fiber of my being. I love Stevie so much, but she can really be a diva at times and not be able to let things go and basically held FM for ransom to get back at Lindsey over a real or perceived non-verbal slight at an awards show. And I'm not convinced Stevie doesn't regret her move here. I think Lindsey and Stevie kind of need each other at this point. Not romantically, but in a way that they need that tension and conflict. The band benefits.

As far as the new lineup, hey I love Mike Campbell. The guy is a hugely underrated player too. He's not the bad guy in this at all. Neither is Neil Finn. But Lindsey they are not! I think part of this deal was getting Mike into a band after Tom Petty's passing. I get it. You didn't want Mike to be left at home and somber. But he has his The Dirty Knobs project and other things to do. Maybe bring Mike into your solo band next to Waddy Wachtel or something. But bringing in Mike to have him feel better into a band that he had nothing to do with, so you could get back at Lindsey is robbing Peter to pay Paul. Even Mike will tell you the Lindsey/Stevie era isn't his favorite music, too pop or whatever and that the reason he took the gig was promise of doing some older Peter Green-era blues material and being able to stretch out the other songs to fit his style. If he had to just play Rumours-era stuff, I doubt he would have taken the gig. Tom Petty, other than having some radio-friendly hits, was very anti-pop. I mean that's why he passed on TBOS.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Love new avatar Walshfan88…gotta get me self a copy.

I know Neil and Mike aren’t bad but to me they are just out of place. Sorry. I haven’t seen them in concert, but watched some YouTube stuff, I am aware phones don’t capture the best audio. However it just seemed to not have that spark ya know? You’re right Campbell is very underrated, however his hopes of playing more Peter Green era stuff with the band seems like wishful thinking.

when Lindsey did the livestream he sounded great, and I was watching some Fleetwood Mac Live on YouTube the other night and he has so much passion that the band is missing out on. I’d love to see them live but ages are getting up there. Chances are slim….might see Rumours of Fleetwood Mac tribute band in October. Happened to see them on PBS and was surprised to see that they are coming to my area.

Yep - If I'm going to see any of my favorite bands anymore, I think it'll probably be a tribute band.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

A new interview with Linds, talking about his current life and music situation. He's been spending time with his estranged wife, but they're not sure what the future holds. Too early to call it a reconciliation. https://dnyuz.com/2021/09/08/lindsey...rvived-it-all/

Great read. NMB. Thanks for posting. Insight a plenty. Love to see them reconcile.

Well - Looks like any reconciliation may be on hold. Stevie fires back and even Irving gets in on the FM drama ...

https://bestlifeonline.com/stevie-ni...ckingham-news/

Stuck on the Border

I've never listened to Fleetwood Mac - with or without Perer Green - but I tend to be on Lindsey's side on this. Having said that, I don't think it was nice of him to talk about about Stevie's personal life in public like that. (No children and therefore lonely...) Stevie was understandably upset about that one IMHO.