Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

@NMB, my own. I had a few swear words in the original draft and wanted to keep it a little cleaner on here. He doesn't swear too often, but when he does based on videos that I've seen from the past, he usually does it in a joking bit. I don't think he does it audibly when he's mad.

Oh, I'm glad that you liked that line, lol.

Article about Lindsey Buckingham from Rolling Stone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...y9A?li=BBnbhK0

Buckingham knows there will be moments on his solo tour, backstage, when well-meaning fans will hand him a copy of Rumours to sign. And “that’s OK,” he says. “Somebody handing me Rumours has no effect on anything more than it ever would have. It is just an affirmation that we’ve done our job right.”

It looks like he was fired because what happened in February. The question is why now imo.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 10-10-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Thanks for the review, Rudie. I can't wait to go to my show in a few weeks! It's unfortunate about the use of the backing tracks, but then again, if it allows him to perform songs he would otherwise shy away from, I guess it's an acceptable trade off.

I'm especially excited to hear my favorite song, Soul Drifter. Never thought I'd hear that - it hasn't been played live in over 20 years before this tour!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    Article about Lindsey Buckingham from Rolling Stone:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...y9A?li=BBnbhK0
    I'm intrigued by this new solo album he mentions, Blue Light (lovely title). One thing this mess hasn't done is dampen his creativity.

I'm glad he's cool with fans bringing him those Rumours album. I was hoping he'd sign a copy of The Dance for me!

I put my thoughts on the Fleetwood Mac portion of this interview in the FM thread.

Lindsey Buckingham lawsuit - very enlightening to say the least. Of course, this is very early in the process and right now we only have Lindsey's complaint. It will be interesting to see the defendants response. Lindsey's email submitted as an exhibit is especially revealing.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3906...laint#download
    Last edited by Dawn; 10-11-2018 at 08:53 PM.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Wow. That email at the end is pretty powerful. How sad that Mick ignored it.

Thank you, Soda, NMB, and Dawn! Hope you enjoy your show in the coming weeks, Soda!

Oh yeah, it makes me sad that he had to file a lawsuit. I mean, it's too bad that he has to do this. I liked how LB insisted that they stop touring in order to wait for John to get better and recover from cancer. But somebody wanted to continue on without John. That e-mail at the end gets me.

Stevie probably just had it with Lindsey, since the other band members were having a little fun first before he did anything.

I am definitely not a lawyer, but I don't see anything wrong that he did regarding the tour negotiations. He tried to get something to happen his way, but he ends up relenting to their demands b/c he cares about the band first and foremost. What definitely does not look good for FM is that the reasons for his dismissal were petty rather than any botched tour negotiations.

I hope Lindsey wins or gets a sizable out of court settlement.

---

Let me also add that at least they could explain why the band lied on national TV and give whatever their take is on why they ousted him.

Were they less than professional at MusiCares? Probably, but they're old and just want to have a little fun. They're not self-serious all the time. You can love the band's legacy and still have a little inside joke among themselves. I mean, Lindsey interacts with fans based on videos that I've seen when Stevie goes into that long "Gypsy" speech at concerts.
    Last edited by RudieCantFail; 10-11-2018 at 10:39 PM.

I think the timestamps are clickable b/c I checked it out in the preview post area.

Songs featured:
    01 - Don't Look Down (0:00 - 0:28)
    02 - Go Insane (0:28 - 1:33)
    03 - Surrender the Rain (1:33 - 3:08)
    05 - Doing What I Can (3:09 - 4:43)
    06 - Trouble (4:44 - 5:57)
    07 - I Must Go (5:57 - 7:27)
    09 - Shut Us Down (7:27 - 11:47)
    10 - Never Going Back Again (11:47 - 13:59)
    12 - In Our Own Time (13:59 - 16:14)
    13 - Slow Dancing (16:14 - 18:25)
    17 - I'm So Afraid (18:25 - 20:54)
    18 - Go Your Own Way (20:55 - 21:20)
    19 - Turn It On (21:20 - 22:31)
    20 - Down on Rodeo (22:31 - 23:23)
    21 - Treason (23:23 - 25:23)

This was filmed very unprofessionally on an iPhone 7.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thanks, Rudie! You rock! Was the opening act J.S. Ondara and if so, what did you think of him?