Page 43 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Here is the sum total of his "explanation":

"We weren’t happy — [happy] sounds almost like too light of a word to use,” Fleetwood says of Buckingham’s firing. “It just wasn’t a happy situation anymore, really for everyone.”

OK... so.... what exactly made it not a happy situation? We've heard that Lindsey was bending over backwards to accommodate their needs for touring (despite the fact that they initially pretended otherwise), and since they rarely saw each other outside of when they rehearsed and performed together, they only had to put up with each other for short time periods. What was he doing that was causing such "unhappiness"? So much unhappiness that Stevie insisted he be fired?

When are they going to give us a real reason?
    Yeah, I read that and thought " that's the reason" ! Really, we may never hear the real reason, at least not from Mick or Stevie. IDK, maybe Christine when she retires again. Wonder if she contacted Lindsey after his heart/health emergency ?
    As a side note, FM is playing next week at MSG and the Prudential Center in Newark. My local classic rock station will be giving away tickets - "be the 8th caller and win tickets to see FM". I will not be making any phone calls.
    Last edited by New Kid In Town; 03-10-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That apparently is their standard line. I'm betting that's the only excuse that we'll ever get.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Look what Lindsey's wife Kristen posted on her Twitter:

Kristen Buckingham @KBChrush
    @MickFleetwood you are so busy telling the world how “unhappy” the band was. It would have been nice if you told Lindsey that. He’s still wondering what happened. You are a dishonest coward and I have zero respect for you.That goes for all of you FM,you really suck @fleetwoodmac

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Well one thing is for sure - I don't think Lindsey will ever be back in Fleetwood Mac. That bridge is burnt I think.

But I say go Kristin! But he definitely won't be in the band ever again I don't think. I'm sure glad I saw them when I did. That was Fleetwood Mac.
    Last edited by WalshFan88; 03-10-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border

Well, reading Kristen's twitter account, the fans have seen through Mick's bs statement. Austin, I agree with you - I can't see him getting back with FM. Hopefully, Lindsey will just worry about getting better and enjoy his wife and children. Hope he is doing better and on the road to recovery.

Considering all that Lindsey has been through lately with his health, it seems particularly callous for Mick to be talking about all of FM's "unhappiness". If he wasn't going to say what really happened, he should have been decent enough to just say that their reasons were a private matter. I think that her husband's condition is part of what got Kristen so fired up.
    Last edited by FreyFollower; 03-11-2019 at 10:06 AM.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Considering all that Lindsey has been through lately with his health, it seems particularly callous for Mick to be talking about all of FM's "unhappiness". If he wasn't going to say what really happened, he should have been decent enough to just say that their reasons were a private matter. I think that her husband's condition is part of what got Kristen so fired up.
    It didn't take them long after Lindsey's heart attack to get back to criticizing him, did it?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    It didn't take them long after Lindsey's heart attack to get back to criticizing him, did it?
    Nope.

It is really just sad.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

To tell you the truth. I really didn't believe their sympathy. I kinda knew they didn't care and just did that so people would think they care. They need to come up with a better excuse then we were unhappy. That line is so old.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Mick and now Christine admit they fired Lindsey because they were tired of the feud between Stevie and Lindsey. Again. It’s the him or me situation. Stevie won and Lindsey is out. I see why Kristen is pissed. I don’t blame her.

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.co...f-bf34fc4de491

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley