Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: New Song/ Album / Tour from Lindsey Buckingham!

What a great review, Nanc. I'm glad you had such a good time. I can only imagine how you must have felt having Lindsey stand over you singing your favorite song - that is more than awesome that he would do that for you.

However, as sympathetic as I am with your BuckinghamNicks buddies, they just have to understand that the Eagles sites must come first.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Nancy, what a wonderful time you have had! Your reviews were just awesome!

And to have Lindsey play that song just for you! Standing right above you?! I'm sure I would have

Don't tell your BN friends that they were dissing the wrong guy. It's really Glenn Frey that has you utmost attention!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sounds like you had a great trip, Soda! I read this short review of Lindsey's new CD--do you agree with what he said about Great Day sounding like Boys of Summer?

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
    Gift Of Screws (Reprise)
    Jordan Bimm
    The title comes from an Emily Dickinson poem – it’s not about Fleetwood Mac groupies. Gift proves that Lindsey Buckingham’s knack for writing catchy pop-rock chord changes is alive and well.

Buckingham’s furious fingerpicking guitar style is front and centre on the sweet Bel Air Rain, and opener Great Day would be a great song if it weren’t a total knock-off of Don Henley’s Boys Of Summer. Despite a few weak moments like the country-tinged title track and the experimental Time Precious Time, this is a solid offering for Fleetwood completists and dinosaur dad-rockers.
    ------------------------

(BTW, do Stevie/Fleetwood Mac fans ALWAYS have to diss Don? )

Thanks for posting that review! I'm puzzled by some of his comments though. Great Day a total rip-off of Boys of Summer? It's nothing like it! BOS is much more melodic and has a completely different mood. Great Day has a lot of experimental echoing and sonic manipulations while BOS has a nostalgic, traditional approach... I seriously have no idea what he's talking about. Not only that, but characterizing the title track as "country-tinged"? What CD did he listen to? That's another one with a lot of sonic manipluations and sound effects, and a very abrasive vocal. That's not what I consider "country-tinged." It's no "How Long," that's for sure. I agree with him that "Time Precious Time" is a weak moment, however.

Don't feel bad about the Don-dissing, DF. You have to remember that he stole Stevie from Lindsey in a lot of people's minds (which is why he and not Glenn got the brunt of it Brooke lol). Plus, one of them admitted to loving Boys of Summer and The End of the Innocence! Meanwhile, the other admitted that out of all the songs on Long Road Out of Eden (which I forced them to listen to when it came out), she liked "Busy Being Fabulous" so much that she asked me to make her a ringtone out of it.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm not sure what CD he listened to, and I'm not that familiar with Lindsey's discography. I thought it was Gift of Screws, like it says in the title of the review.

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts
    I'm puzzled by some of his comments though. Great Day a total rip-off of Boys of Summer? It's nothing like it! BOS is much more melodic and has a completely different mood. Great Day has a lot of experimental echoing and sonic manipulations while BOS has a nostalgic, traditional approach... I seriously have no idea what he's talking about. Not only that, but characterizing the title track as "country-tinged"? What CD did he listen to? That's another one with a lot of sonic manipluations and sound effects, and a very abrasive vocal. That's not what I consider "country-tinged."
    I'm not sure what CD he listened to, and I'm not that familiar with Lindsey's discography. I thought it was Gift of Screws, like it says in the title of the review.
    I wasn't literally asking "What CD was he listening to?" I know the review was of Gift of Screws. I just meant that the reviewer's comments were so off it seemed like he wasn't listening to the same CD I was.

But thanks for posting it - even the reviews I don't agree with are interesting to read!

Wow, Soda, welccome back, and what a fabulous experience for you to have Lindsey playing right there for you! It's great reading about all your experiences, even the bad ones. Glad that punchy guy got his comeuppance - I'll bet he was running scared when he heard your inebriated neighbour shouting at him!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

Sorry you had to encounter such unpleasantess from the natives in Milwaukee, Nancy. That guy should have been not only removed, but arrested. I night in the city jail would have probably done wonders in changing his attitude.

Soda, your description of your heart stopping experience in front of Lindsey had me excited just reading about it! Glad you had a good time.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Molly View Post
    Sorry you had to encounter such unpleasantess from the natives in Milwaukee, Nancy. That guy should have been not only removed, but arrested. I night in the city jail would have probably done wonders in changing his attitude.
    Eh, he was probably an out-of-towner! The cool guards at the Pabst Theater are much better representatives of the citizens of Milwaukee, methinks!

And yeah, a night in lock-up might have given him a nice "attitude adjustment." Hope he gets his one day.