Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

Ha

Actually, I really liked how Lindsey spoke about his family life: he seems grateful that love & fatherhood happened for him (relatively late in life) when the odds were not great.

If only it could work that way for women. C'est la vie.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Lol, SAR!

This reminds me, we watched a soundstage performance with LB Saturday night. Stevie was a guest. Anyways, I noticed his very curly hair. I wonder if he had to perm it to get that huge afro he had back in the day? We all know Don H denies having one, but I'm pretty certain he did. I'm thinking maybe LB didn't have to perm. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

What do you all think?
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It doesn't look like he would need to perm it. He had amazing hair in the 70s.

Does anyone know the name of the coffee company that Lindsey's family supposedly owned? I remember watching something on PBS about the band - I think it was a documentary around the time of "The Dance" - where a disgruntled Mick Fleetwood and John McVie were muttering something about Lindsey being heir to a coffee fortune and not having to work.

I think unlike Don, I think Lindsey's hair is natural curly(his curly hair never went away after he got it cut) and he probably didn't do that much to it to get that afro look.

Lindsey does have some beautiful blue eyes. What is it with guys who have blue eyes that makes me go ga ga. LOL

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

, SAR!

I've always thought that Lindsey's hair was the real deal. His hair, even when cut super short, appears to be curly.

ETA: love his blue eyes as well. They were one of the first things that I noticed about him when I discovered him several years ago.
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    What is it with guys who have blue eyes that makes me go ga ga. LOL
    No wonder the Eagles are your favorite band - all the members (except for sweet Timothy) and ex-members have blue eyes.

My, he does have pretty baby blues...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Lindsey is another favorite of mine as well!!! Again with the dark hair, blue eyes combo that get me too. LOL Lindsey totally has naturally curly hair. I do as well but mine is more wavy and not as tight with the curl, but you can tell his is even when it's short as he has much tighter curls.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Yep, Lindsey's curls are the real deal! This one's from his late teens:

I don't know the name of the coffee plant Lindsey's father owned, but his father was not some kind of mammoth in the coffee industry. Their family was upper middle class, but not rich.

Lindsey's father died in 1974, before Lindsey got famous. He never got to see his son shine. In fact, he died at the lowest point in Lindsey's career, right after he and Stevie were dropped from their record company as a result of Buckingham Nicks flopping. I always thought that was a shame.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Border Desperado SilverAcidRayne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Lol, SAR!

This reminds me, we watched a soundstage performance with LB Saturday night. Stevie was a guest. Anyways, I noticed his very curly hair. I wonder if he had to perm it to get that huge afro he had back in the day? We all know Don H denies having one, but I'm pretty certain he did. I'm thinking maybe LB didn't have to perm. Not that it really matters. Just an observation.

What do you all think?
    good point... lol given that Lindsey is from California he may have been all natural. the album Buckingham Nicks? that cover. looked natural to me... I know Don wouldn't even dream of having a perm. he's too "manly" lmao but I mean... look at Lindsey. you can get lost in those blues

Stuck on the Border AlreadyGone95's Avatar
    the middle of farm country (southwest Georgia)

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Yep, Lindsey's curls are the real deal! This one's from his late teens:

I don't know the name of the coffee plant Lindsey's father owned, but his father was not some kind of mammoth in the coffee industry. Their family was upper middle class, but not rich.

Lindsey's father died in 1974, before Lindsey got famous. He never got to see his son shine. In fact, he died at the lowest point in Lindsey's career, right after he and Stevie were dropped from their record company as a result of Buckingham Nicks flopping. I always thought that was a shame.

Didn't Lindsey's dad let them (Lindsey and Stevie) record some songs in that plant?

That's another thing that Lindsey and Don have in common. Both lost their dads while in the 20s, and before they made it big.

As far as photos of young Lindsey, I really like those that you have on the Buckingham Nicks site, from his high school swim team days. (despite the fact that he was underage)
    -Kim-

People don't run out of dreams, People just run out of time