Page 4 of 57 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Quote Originally Posted by Maleah
    Tickets will be $24-$29 by the way I'm listening to Holiday Road right now and I also downloaded Trouble (?). He's much milder than I thought he'd be
    Trouble is just OK. Try "Soul Drifter" off of Out of the Cradle. That's another one of my favorites. All of his songs on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours are strong - the aforementioned "Go Your Way" and "The Chain," but also "Second Hand News" and "Never Going Back Again." "Go Insane" is also good, but get the live version (off of Fleetwood Mac's The Dance). It far surpasses the album version which frankly is a tad dated now, with all its techno "tricks" (although some Lindsey fans consider such a statement sacrilege!). As a guitar aficianado, you'd appreciate the live version of I'm So Afraid (also off of The Dance). It has an incredible guitar solo full of passion - the guitar solo that made me a Buckingham fan. Make sure it's the live one though! If you're in the mood for romantic Lindsey, try "Crystal." I prefer the Buckingham Nicks one you can find here: http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/MP3/crystalBN.mp3 In fact let me just link you to the multimedia page: http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/slmedia.html - the entire BN album is great. Their voices and music were so earnest, so pure, so basic and yet so sophisticated, considering it was their first effort. It far outpaces the first efforts of our boys, I must say!

Sorry, you shouldn't have gotten me started! lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Sorry, you shouldn't have gotten me started! lol
    That's okay. Thanks for the info!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Actually, thanks for the info! I'm going to go try to find those now, especially the guitar solo one you mentioned. After spending $80 on 3rd row seats for martina mcbride, $30 sounds really cheap! LOL

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    Have you ever heard the song "Go Your Own Way"? "The Chain"? "Holiday Road" off of the movie National Lampoon's Vacation? All Lindsey.
    I know these great songs very well. Maybe I also should look for some more music from Lindsey.

Here's the review of my most recent Lindsey solo show!

Lindsey Buckingham in Santa Rosa, June 1

I saw Lindsey at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. I was second row - got it at the last minute. It was a great show - the first one of his third leg. Lindsey seemed well-rested and was in good spirits. Here is the setlist:

Not Too Late
    Trouble
    Never Going Back Again
    Second Hand News
    Castaway Dreams
    Red Rover
    It Was You
    Big Love
    Go Insane
    Under the Skin
    World Turning
    I'm So Afraid
    I Know I'm Not Wrong
    Tusk
    Go Your Own Way
    --- Encore ---
    Holiday Road
    Turn It On
    Show You How
    ---Final Encore---
    Shut Us Down

The crowd was a good one - not too boisterous, but willing to give a standing ovation when it was due and stand for "Go Your Own Way" and the encores. Security seemed perfectly fine with people taking photos, despite the fact that cameras were forbidden. I got one photo and a brief clip of "Never Going Back Again" before my memory stick ran out.

The venue is rather nice and gave the show a different feel. It was a more formal, sedate air and not a rock-show feel, although Lindsey did indeed rock it eventually!

There seemed to be a bit of buzzing from the speaker nearest us and Lindsey hit a few false notes, but it wasn't really noticeable. His guitarwork and voice were strong overall.

Fashion report: Lindsey was wearing a black V-neck T-shirt, jeans, black boots, and a black leather jacket. He was also wearing a thick gold chain necklace with no pendant.

The songs, while performed well, did not vary much from what I'd already heard back in October. I did notice there was a short acapella segment of "I Know I'm Not Wrong" that was not there before in the arrangement; I liked it. It was at the last time he sang "a year gone bad."

The new songs got a good reception here, which I'm sure he appreciated! He intro'ed "Castaway Dreams" with a whole bit about how he wrote it after a fight with his wife - and then he added that she was right and joked about how she's always right, which got hoots from the female members of the audience.

He introduced "Under the Skin" with something to the effect of that the person he wrote it about was "having trouble getting from point A to point B in their life." We all know that's about Stevie - "long live the Queen" - so it made me wonder what she was struggling with that inspired it.

"I'm So Afraid" was slowed down in the fashion he's been doing it for this whole tour, which I don't really like, but he did rev it up for the guitar solo so I got into it regardless.

A funny moment during "Go Your Own Way": when he came down to the front of the stage for the part where he traditionally lets people "play" his guitar (reach up and strum it from the foot of the stage) - the girls he approached at the stage had no idea what he was doing. So, when he said "Come on" and moved towards them with the guitar, they started "dancing" towards him all sexy-like. I think they thought he wanted them to "perform" for him.

Another cute moment was when we saw a security guard go from grumpy (when people started coming down to the stage for "Go Your Own Way") to rockin' out (once Lindsey got going).

After the band intros, Lindsey's keyboardist Brett Tuggle added that he felt honored to play with Lindsey, that he respected him and all that. It was nice. Another thing Brett did was that often after songs he would be mouthing "WOW" and pointing at Lindsey, applauding.

I was very excited when he played both "Turn It On" and "Shut Us Down" for encores. I had not heard those songs before live in person. I was especially delighted with "Shut Us Down" because I figured he wasn't going to do it when they all took their bows and it still hadn't been played. Then he said, "Wanna hear one more?" and out it came! How he teases us! lol

I enjoyed the concert, and it seemed the other audience members did too. I think the key was that HE seemed to be enjoying it. He even said "This is my kind of crowd." Well, he was our kind of performer.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like a great show! Thanks! Any good pics? (Hint)

He's an awesome guitar player, imo!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks for the great review, soda.

Your review brings up something I have noticed at concerts over the last few years, especially since more & more people become internet-savvy (myself included).

There is such a HUGE difference between the dedicated fans, the ones who belong to message boards and attend numerous concerts, and the casual fans. For example, how was that girl supposed to know that Lindsey wanted her to strum his guitar, especailly if she was attending his concert for the first time? I surely wouldn't have known either. Just like the first time I saw Stevie--I didn't know fans were allowed to go up to the stage on Edge of Seventeen until all these people started storming past me on their way down front. These two types of fans have always existed--the people who are there bec they love the artist and their music, and the people who are there simply bec it is a social occasion, some place to drink and party---but lately, since the prices of concert tickets continue to rise, the problem continues to grow. There is nothing more maddening than being a dedicated, informed fan who paid an arm & a leg to see an artist, sitting beside someone who could care less and spends the entire concert chatting on their cell phone or continually drinking, spilling their beer and going back & forth to the john.

Reminds me of Don's famous retort to overly chatty fans: "Don't you hate it when you are trying to have a conversation and a rock concert breaks out?"

Well, I really got off on a rant for a moment there! But I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Thanks for the great review Nancy.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Thanks for that review, Soda. It's good to hear he's producing new songs.

Df, I'm as amazed as you at the attitude some people have to concerts. I'm a newbie to concert going, but I have to say that by and large the Eagles fans were quite good at the concerts I went to.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border

When we went to see Knopfler the people behind us talked so incessantly that my husband turned round and said 'if you want to talk go to the bar'. He has very low tolerance for that sort of thing. Years ago we went to see Peter Gabriel and a girl next to us a) only knew the songs from the album of the time, Us, so he'd be playing songs like Sledgehammer and she didn't know them, b) talked to her brother next to her during the songs she didn't know (i.e. most of them). When it got to Biko and she was STILL talking hubby asked her to come outside. Her brother profusely apologised for her behaviour.