Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

Quote Originally Posted by shunlvswx View Post
    Mick and now Christine admit they fired Lindsey because they were tired of the feud between Stevie and Lindsey. Again. It’s the him or me situation. Stevie won and Lindsey is out. I see why Kristen is pissed. I don’t blame her.

https://www.stratfordbeaconherald.co...f-bf34fc4de491
    I wouldn't say Mick and Christine fired Lindsey because they were tired of a feud. That implies it was their choice after observing the behavior between Stevie and Lindsey. However, it was actually a decision that was forced upon them because Stevie refused to work with Lindsey. In their words:

"Mick, 71, explained: 'The truth is, call it what you want, a parting of company took place, and it had to take place, and it was supported by the remaining band members around something that for sure was a major problem to two people – Lindsey and Stevie.'

Christine, 75, collaborated on a joint album with her former colleague as recently as 2017, believed the rest of the group had to 'make a choice' as she feared for their future if action wasn’t taken. 'It was the only route we could take, because there was too much animosity between certain members of the band at that point, there was just no way it could’ve gone on as a five-piece, a group with Lindsey in the band. So it was either just completely break up the band or make the best of it,' she confessed."

Translation: Stevie insisted, and they gave in.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Another article, pretty much the same as t'other one, but I want to quote from this one. Here's the link:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...bF7?li=BBnbhK0

Says Mick Fleetwood:
    "We were not happy. It is no secret that Lindsey and Stevie are in a continuum Liz Taylor/ Richard Burton type of life, and it went in and out of valleys and mountaintops and God knows what through the years - that support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging," he said. "Someone in some interview said, 'What'd you do, fire him?' You can say that if you want but I think that's an ugly word, knowing what this man has done in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac…"
    Dude, if you're gonna fire some one, own up to it. Seriously?

Mick's response does not surprise me. However, what Christine McVie's response does:
    Still, Christine says is was a "really bad time" for the group and for her personally, as she had no problem with the guitarist.

"I loved working with him but I did see the point and I did see what the problem was," she said. "And you know, we're a democracy and we have to kind of make the best of a bad job. As it turns out, what we have now is better than what we ever had before."
    Uh, sure... Keep telling yourself that, Christine. You may eventually believe it, but I doubt long-time Fleetwood Mac fans will.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fleetwood
    "We were not happy. It is no secret that Lindsey and Stevie are in a continuum Liz Taylor/ Richard Burton type of life, and it went in and out of valleys and mountaintops and God knows what through the years - that support really could not be given to ask the situation to continue. It was too challenging," he said. "Someone in some interview said, 'What'd you do, fire him?' You can say that if you want but I think that's an ugly word, knowing what this man has done in the ranks of Fleetwood Mac…"
    I love how he acts all outraged that people are calling it a firing, playing the victim. The victim is the guy who just had the heart attack, Mick. Firing is an ugly word, but the action is even uglier. If you didn't want to be called out for it, you shouldn't have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christine McVie
    Still, Christine says is was a "really bad time" for the group and for her personally, as she had no problem with the guitarist.

"I loved working with him but I did see the point and I did see what the problem was," she said. "And you know, we're a democracy and we have to kind of make the best of a bad job. As it turns out, what we have now is better than what we ever had before."
    How can she say "it's better than what we ever had before" when all they're doing is playing the music they made with the man they had before?

If your new lineup is better than the lineup who was responsible for Rumours, then why aren't you creating new music with them and playing that?

COME. ON.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I love how he acts all outraged that people are calling it a firing, playing the victim. The victim is the guy who just had the heart attack, Mick. Firing is an ugly word, but the action is even uglier. If you didn't want to be called out for it, you shouldn't have done it.

How can she say "it's better than what we ever had before" when all they're doing is playing the music they made with the man they had before?

If your new lineup is better than the lineup who was responsible for Rumours, then why aren't you creating new music with them and playing that?

COME. ON.
    Soda - Exactly ! Can't face up to the fact that they FIRED HIM - call it want ever you want Mick but you can't fool your fans. And for Christine to say it is better than it ever was - really ! What a sad joke for her to say that after she toured with him last year.

Christine saying “it’s better than what we had before” is a standard line that band members regularly state about their current line-up. Nobody in her position is going to say, “it was better before when we had so-and-so but this line-up is ok too.” I’m just saying I wouldn’t put too much stock in her statement, it’s sounds like PR stuff...although it is conceivable that there is less tension and friction in the band now...

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

The only lessened band tension I can think of is Stevie not whining because she doesn't have control. When Lindsey was there she couldn't have it go her way all the time. She had to share.

So if the tension is less in Fleetwood Mac now, it's because the others don't have to listen to Stevie complain about Lindsey and the fact that he wouldn't bend to her every command. Which, yeah it would be nice and probably be less tension, lol. She's used to "yes ma'am" people. Lindsey Buckingham was not one of those people. He wanted to have a say in the band, which he very much deserved. I say go Lindsey!
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by Christine McVie

Yeah - I have to assume that Christine was referring to the band being better in terms of personal dynamics rather than musically. At least I sure hope that's what she meant. And, if that's the case, I agree the translation is Stevie is happier, therefore, everyone is happier. Sad - but, it's obvious who calls the shots - and, with this band at the twilight of its career, she couldn't separate the personal stuff from the business.

But, sometimes it's just better to say nothing at all, which is what I wish Christine had done.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

It's definitely better than radio silence. I am excited that he's playing and looking good.

It was so good to see lindsey up and about and helping his daughter. This is good and I hope his voice is back. Baby steps.

I hope we're hear from Lindsey soon.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-18-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley