Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

My husband is the same as yours, FP. He hates rude behavior at concerts.

When he & I went to our last two Eagles concerts in 2005, my first to pay ILAA prices and first to get really great, close seats, we had the misfortune to sit beside a drunk couple both times. While I was "in a zone" watching Don, the man beside my husband tried to be his buddy, talking throughout the show and spilling beer all over him. Ugh.

I agree about the rude behavior. I also realize that you can't blame a casual fan for not knowing all the "ins and outs" of the different artists. I still got a chuckle out of those girls doing that stripper dancing in front of the stage though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee this weekend. It was great! There were lots of cool bands there and I listened to several throughout the day, but the reason I went was Lindsey Buckingham who played at 10:00 pm. It was the last night of his tour and Milwaukee's not that far away!

His concert was the best I've seen this tour. "I'm So Afraid" was especially stunning - the guitar solo was extended longer than usual and he just went nuts on it. It was AMAZING. He also was more spirited than the last time I saw him in Santa Rosa. The audience was great, standing and making noise the whole time. Of course that's the great thing about a music festival - no stodgy types huffing and puffing about the audience being too loud! My friends and I started doing coordinated hand-swaying to "Holiday Road" which got us some chuckles from Lindsey and his bandmates!

He said that he's going to release ANOTHER album and do ANOTHER tour in 2008! It's really astonishing to me that after 13 years of putting off his solo album, he's now releasing two within two years (assuming this next one comes off as expected). Gives me hope regarding the Eagles album!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Sounds like fun, Soda!

Don't you wonder what happened during all those years and why he's finally decided to do it? I guess sometimes "life" just gets in the way!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Awesome!
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    Don't you wonder what happened during all those years and why he's finally decided to do it? I guess sometimes "life" just gets in the way!
    His standard explanation was "Fleetwood Mac took all my best songs so I had nothing for a solo album." However, a friend of one of his ex-girlfriends leaked a cassette tape of demos in 1995 and they make up half of his new album! It does make me wonder what the holdup was.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee this weekend. It was great! There were lots of cool bands there and I listened to several throughout the day, but the reason I went was Lindsey Buckingham who played at 10:00 pm. It was the last night of his tour and Milwaukee's not that far away!
    Wow, Nancy, you were only a few minutes from my house. Wish I had known you were going to be so close.

Summerfest is a blast, isn't it?

Oh my gosh, you're that close? It would have been great to meet up! Although perhaps you should consider yourself lucky that you escaped the fevered Lindsey mania - just my friends of course, not me. Still, with you around, I would not have had to suppress the urge to make Eagles references when they occurred to me!

You will get a hoot out of this. I had come down with three friends and we were staying in a hotel room splitting costs - the Ambassador Inn (NOT the Ambassador Hotel, we were to discover!) - not too far from Summerfest. Easy enough to get there... you'd think it would be easy enough to get back... not for us. We got terribly lost after the show and wound up on the other side of town - and sadly there was no boy waiting with fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal! So we pulled into a McDonald's and desperately tried to make sense of the cheapy map we had snagged from the hotel lobby. All we could figure out was that we were north of where we should be - really, really north. Finally we gave up and just used my friends directional system - making sure to keep it on "S" - until we hit Wisconsin Avenue again, to great rejoicing.

It's a lovely town, BTW. I wouldn't mind living there myself!

Stuck on the Border

We're about 30 minutes north of the actual city. We go into the city so much that it's no big deal. If you traveled down Wisconsin Ave. you probably passed right through the heart of Marquette University. Peter's dorm last year was on 18th and Wisconsin. If you drove past Miller Park, (the baseball stadium), you were right next to Falk Corp. where Steve spends his days.

There is so much construction going on downtown-I can certainly imagine how you could get turned around. Even with Steve driving Monday (and he knows the city like the back of his hand) he was spewing a couple of Awww, sh!t!!! since we'd turn the corner and see those lovely orange construction barrels and detour signs.

We went down to Summerfest on Monday to see Heart.

Default New Song/ Album / Tour from Lindsey Buckingham!

Calling all folks who love Lindsey Buckingham! You can download his new song "Did You Miss Me" here:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CVT2HS/ref=dm_ty_trk[/ame]

I love it! And it's from his new album, Gift of Screws, set to be released soon.

You know, Lindsey's album Out of the Cradle was released in 1992, and we thought we'd never see the day when he released another one. And then he released one in 2006, and this one in 2008! And he's touring to support it! I'm going to the Indianapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee shows.

Gives me hope for Glenn. If Lindsey can do it, surely Glenn can!