Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657 LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Lindsey Buckingham

I agree chaim and I stand by everything I've said about Lindsey's firing. I've never said that Lindsey doesn't bear some responsibility for what happened. However, I also don't believe that he is fully responsible for it either. From everything that I've read, most people think Stevie was the main impetus behind his dismissal and there was a 'me or him' ultimatum whether spoken or implied. TBH, I think there is disfunction on all sides in this band. But, that's definitely not anything new and, at this point in their career, they should have continued with the Rumours line-up or just stopped altogether. JMHO

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Chaim & Dreamer - I totally agree. I don't believe a word Stevie says about her not being responsible for Lindsey's firing. However, I do think it was a very low blow with the statement Lindsey said about Stevie''s personal life choices and he should have kept them to himself. It seems the two of them can never just let it drop/end. Even in their 70's they keep rehashing the same things over and over. It sure gets very tiring. This is so sad because I love FWM.

AAAUUUGGGHHHH! You'd think that they would find "adulting" easier at this stage! They seem so focused on themselves,they aren't even aware when they are hurtful to one another. 'Just gotta get that last jab in. If they ever truly want to mend fences and get back together, why would they say unflattering things to the press? Not the way reconciliation works, guys!
    It reminds me of the Radney Foster song..."Nobody wins, we both lose, when we light that same old fuse again again...."
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

I was listening to an interview of Lindsey's and man... I'm really conflicted. I basically agree with what's being said here. It's pretty obvious Stevie's the one responsible for the firing but Lindsey's statement about her personal choices, especially after he's fresh off a divorce... that's really tacky.

Sigh.

The drama will never stop with those two!

I just want them reconciled and making music together again, but that looks less and less likely.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    AAAUUUGGGHHHH! You'd think that they would find "adulting" easier at this stage! They seem so focused on themselves,they aren't even aware when they are hurtful to one another. 'Just gotta get that last jab in. If they ever truly want to mend fences and get back together, why would they say unflattering things to the press? Not the way reconciliation works, guys!
    It reminds me of the Radney Foster song..."Nobody wins, we both lose, when we light that same old fuse again again...."
    I know someone like this. Always has to get the last word, no matter how cruel it may be. Very frustrating. Not cool at all Lindsey said that.

Yeah that was highly inappropriate for Lindsey to talk about Stevie's love life (or lack thereof by her own choice!). It's not his business and has no place in talks about the band situation. And it's certainly not his place to be giving dating advice considering he just got divorced from his wife who was with him for many years. It sounds like whatever life coaching Lindsey wants to give Stevie, maybe he should try himself first. It reeks of tackiness as Soda stated but also complete irony. It's like he doesn't even care how it looks.

I *do* believe Stevie was being a diva about Lindsey's non-verbal smirking at MusicCares and using the band as ransom to get back at him. And I do believe there is no FM without Lindsey. But still, that was just a lame attempt at trying to personally attack Stevie in a way that has no place in any rational argument or negotiation. It makes his claim about wanting reconciliation seem very insincere at best and an outright lie at worst. This dig almost certainly has sealed his fate in terms of coming back to the Mac. I think Mick, Christine, and John would totally side with Stevie here on this latest drama, despite the fact I truly believe none of those 3 wanted him gone when he was first fired.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Did anyone here see Lindsey on Saturday Night Live? I missed it but one of my nephews said he performed with Halsey.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the info, NMB. I didn't see it either, but here is a YouTube video ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H099BjA6FKk

Very pretty song, but not sold on Halsey's 'dress'.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for posting i missed it! Will definitely watch later

I kinda missed it. My co-worker changed the channel to NBC and I notice Lindsey was on SNL. So I went back to the Peacock app and watch their part.

Lindsey is looking great. Its just amazing that we are lucky to see Lindsey singing again. He was told he won't be able to sing again, but look at him now.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley