Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Default Re: New Song/ Album / Tour from Lindsey Buckingham!

Wow, Soda, very cool that you got to talk to Lindsey, and great that he's releasing a new album. Look forward to hearing the pregramme, and your tour reviews!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Wow, they've already got it up!

http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

My question is in Part 5, about 2 minutes in.

The whole program is really interesting, though, so I recommend that fans listen to all of it. He plays several new songs acoustically. It's amazing.

I did isolate an MP3 of my question here, though!

Nancy's Question

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Soda ^5! That was great! Im so impressed at how at ease you were. I would have been a blubbering Homer Simpson dufus. Even though you only got to ask one question, it was a good well stated question complete but concise. In the online thing with Joe, it was nearly impossible to ask him anything intelligent because you had to make it short enough to be read in a few seconds. Of course AFTERWARDS I came up with great questions.. but during.. DUH!!! Anyway, I was very impressed with you cool calm composure!
    Good job.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I agree, Nancy. That was great! It was cool to hear your voice, too!

Your question reminded me of the Felder/spontaneity issue, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Great job Soda--You sounded great and so intelligent. Great question also!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

You really did well with your question, Nancy. Nice touch mentioning one of the venues where you have seen him before. Great job all around!

You sounded great, Soda. How much time did it take you to come up with your question? I know you said you were trying to get trhough for over an hour. Did you come up with it while you were waiting or was it something you've always wanted to know?

( Sorry for the interrogation but I've always wondered what I would ask my favorites, if I had the chance!)
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    Your question reminded me of the Felder/spontaneity issue, too.
    You know, it's interesting. Lindsey's not spontaneous about it at all, really, which is why I asked about how he decided on arrangements. He carefully changes the arrangement and works it up, then plays the new arrangement exactly the same way throughout the tour (sometimes over multiple tours, like the acoustic Big Love vs. the studio electric, which he has been doing since 1993). He does change the I'm So Afraid solo from tour to tour, though. He basically commits to changing it up beforehand and then sticks to that change - so he can do different things without stepping outside of the comfort zone that comes with practice.

The Eagles' vocal precision has its own appeal and I respect it. It's also true that when an artist changes the arrangement, it can backfire and be a disappointment for some (for instance, Don's cantina version of Hotel California). On the other hand, Don's rearrangements of End of the Innocence and Heart of the Matter were quite powerful. It's a delicate balance; I wasn't even a big fan of Glenn's rearrangment of Smuggler's Blues. It's hard to know what will work and what won't. In Lindsey's case, what he does is add a lot more guitarwork to some songs (like Joe does). What Stevie does is add vocal ad-libs, like the Eagles used to do for Tequila Sunrise. It's little things that make going to live shows even more rewarding.

In the case of Eagles shows and their solo shows, the element that makes the live show is just watching the skill and feeling in their performances. A bit of lyrical ad-libbing isn't too hard, though, and I wish they would do that. Heck, I get excited when Glenn adds an extra "cloudy days" on NMCD!

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    You sounded great, Soda. How much time did it take you to come up with your question? I know you said you were trying to get trhough for over an hour. Did you come up with it while you were waiting or was it something you've always wanted to know?
    PM - I wrote down a basic question about arrangements because it's something I loved about his live shows, then dialed and redialed again and again. Luckily automated redial made that easier, and I would hit the button while I was doing other things, so it wasn't so terrible. Once they answered and I was on hold, I started jotting down things I wanted to be sure and say, because I was thinking of other things as I waited that I hadn't put in the original question. Having all those things jotted down made me feel more comfortable. I also tried to enunciate very carefully so I wouldn't sound like a goober.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. My 15 seconds of radio fame.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I got through too, only they didn't get to me so I didn't get to go on air.

Anyway, lucky you, Nancy, very cool!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Well done Nancy! You sounded quite the professional on that. I can see why your students love you, I guess you are easy to listen to. I'm glad you enjoyed your radio fame. The adrenaline sure pumps when you get through, doesn't it!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP