Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Default Re: New Song/ Album / Tour from Lindsey Buckingham!

Angel, sorry you didn't get through, but it sounds like a fascinating interview.

Soda, that was amazing. You were so composed and Lindsey sounded really interested and gave a well thought out reply. It was a great interview, thank you so much for posting the links. He seems such a nice guy.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Concerts

I just heard on the radio that Lindsey Buckingham is in Portland tonight! Of course I am NOT going... BUT he did an interview with the local radio station here.
    http://www.kink.fm/Lindsey-Buckingham/2595577

Thanks for the link, ticky, that was a great interview with Lindsey! And up to the minute!!!! He seems such an intelligent and articulate person. It's been a real pleasure to listen to this.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Lindsey's very well-spoken - even if he repeats himself in interviews sometimes. Thanks for posting!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border AzEaglesFan's Avatar

Lindsey Buckingham is doing a concert in Phoenix on Sept 18th. The Phx paper had an interview on Sunday. His new CD is called Gift of the Screws. They quote him as saying that Fleetwood Mac is getting together in Jan and will be touring after that (in April) to get ready to go into the studio to record new music. He said they want to do some dates,hang together and get to know each other again before they go into the studio to try to record. He also said that "Stevie and my dynamic was somewhat guarded but we've been having a lot of positive conversations lately"

Oh Cool!!! lets hope THEY come west (im starting to feel a little Isolated here...weird since we have Seattle AND LA - not to mention Portland in between!! Or San Fransisco...)

Hey guys - Lindsey's album came out yesterday! I got my copy, and even talked the people at Borders into giving me their promotional poster when they're done with it.

"Wait for You" is terrific, and "Great Day" is very reminiscent of his work on Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night, except better. "Family Man" off of TITN is almost universally thought to be the worst song Fleetwood Mac has ever released! This is much more interesting, and I like it. Clever lyricism as well.

I also think "Right Place to Fade" is lots of fun. Something interesting about that: this song was on a movie soundtrack a few years ago and called "Twist of Fate" in its credits (it was only played in the movie and not released). The song as it is released on Gift of Screws has the same vocal track as far as I can tell, and it STILL sounds like he is singing "Twist of Fate" on the chorus, but the lyric sheet and title now claim he is singing "Right Place to Fade." Very odd.

As I've said before, "Did You Miss Me" is catchy and a good choice for the single. "Love Runs Deeper" is another favorite; it has a great melody.

I appreciate the Emily Dickinson reference of "Gift of Screws," and I find it funny that he completely sexualizes the poem. Dickinson would probably be scandalized! Still, it's a very postmodern approach lyrically which I find to be a cool idea, even if it is risque. It appears Lindsey's got a dirty mind, but we knew that from "Come" off of Fleetwood Mac's Say You Will, "Slow Dancing" off of Go Insane, and to a lesser degree, Rumours' "Second Hand News."

Not so sure about "Time Precious Time" - those sped up guitars make my head hurt; it's totally overproduced, IMHO.

I enjoy "Bel Air Rain," "Underground," and "Treason" but they aren't standout tracks, I don't think.

I appreciate that throughout the album, he puts in a lot of those great guitar solos that I love so much.

However, I think he overused the echo effect on his voice - it's on almost every song. This is part of why I love to hear him live - all the effects are gone, and Lindsey can do his thing without those distractions. (He would probably be appalled to hear that I find his carefully constructed sound effects distracting, but it is what it is).

Overall, a strong album. I'd rank it his second best, after 1992's Out of the Cradle, but above all of his others.

I might not be able to visit the board too much in the next few days - I'm off on another Lindsey Buckingham tour! My friends and I are seeing him in Chicago tonight at the House of Blues, then we'll see him again Saturday (Milwaukee) and Sunday (Indianapolis). Since I was just in Chicago to see the Eagles, it's pretty funny!

Have fun Soda!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Soda! What fun!! have a great time and say Hi to Lindsay from me! (like he'll have a clue, but its always worth a try *G*)