Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Lindsey Buckingham

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Default Re: New Song/ Album / Tour from Lindsey Buckingham!

Once again-I will be living my life thru you, vicariously! Following the band--how cool is that!! Have fun and enjoy yourself!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow, Soda! That sounds like a lot of fun!

We'll be awaiting your reviews!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Saw Lindsey in Chicago last night - amazing. It was general admission, so we got there early and were front and center. He is a genius on guitar - I think he's the best guitarist alive. He's fascinating to watch; his solo on I'm So Afraid was epic!

Still, my when my friends asked me who I liked better, I had to finally admit it: Glenn wins over Lindsey. He comes in a close second though.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I'm so glad you enjoyed Soda!

Hahaha Glenn is wining!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Has anyone heard from our fearless leader or has she decided to travel with the band? I can't wait to hear how the weekend went at all the shows.

Soda--are you out there????

I'm back today guys, after several days "on the road"! And I had some exciting stuff happen! I'll post about it tomorrow after I rest up - as well as catch up on posts here!

Glad you're back, Soda, and can't wait to hear about your adventures!

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I'm back today guys, after several days "on the road"! And I had some exciting stuff happen! I'll post about it tomorrow after I rest up - as well as catch up on posts here!
    Oh goody!!! Exciting stuff--new stories--can't wait!! Wake up Soda and get to posting!!

And here we are... what I've been up to the past few days!

Thursday - Chicago House of Blues
    Off to Chicago, where I met up with my two "concert buddies" to begin our mini-tour of three Lindsey Buckingham shows. The first show was general admission - hardcores first! We were worried about getting there in time for good seats, though, since I was coming in from out of town. My friend found out that for a bit extra money you could get "priority entrance." We paid up and got there early as soon as possible just to be sure there wasn't confusion - the HOB is notorious for its disorganization. Sure enough, they got confused, and somehow believed that we were claiming to be friends of the band because we were asking for the "VIP package" that we were told to pick up at the Will Call - that became to them "VIP backstage passes." Whatever! We straightened it out and got in a few seconds before everyone else - long enough for us to grab our spots center stage. Bree was there (aka PinkCoatGirl) and I said hello to her.

Lindsey played several songs from his new album, starting out with "Great Day" and "Love Runs Deeper." I thought they got a good reception, but again we were all gung-ho hardcores up at the front! He also did a new rockin' arrangement of "Go Insane." Lindsey had actually never toured for his first two albums Law and Order and Go Insane, so the first time audiences heard that live was his Out of the Cradle tour in 1993. For that, he arranged what had been an effects/production-heavy, high-tech song as an acoustic, single-guitar number. It was very intense and powerful, but that was 15 years ago, and he'd done it that same way for both Fleetwood Mac's Dance tour and his 2006 Under the Skin tour. It was time for a change. Now, he plays it full band with a faster beat. It's terrific and a great thrill to hear it a different way!

Lindsey does guitar solos for EVERY SINGLE SONG - that's his strength and speciality. Some of them have elaborate acoustic guitar work like "Big Love" and "Time Precious Time"; some of them have electric guitar solos that are so intense that you get overheated just listening to them - "Come" and "I'm So Afraid" are the two that come to mind there. Some of them have more subtle guitar solos that don't dominate the song, but nevertheless, they are really what makes a Lindsey Buckingham show work. His vocals may not be as polished as the Eagles, but he can knock 'em dead with his guitar playing ability - especially since his practice is not to use a pick (he made an exception for one song). Finger-picking everything allows him to use those nimble fingers to make that guitar sound like three different instruments playing at once, I swear!

Afterwards, my friends heard Lindsey was staying at a nearby hotel and wanted to go wait in the bar. Since we knew Lindsey was down with that from the last tour where he regularly came to hotel bars and fraternized with fans, we decided to go. Still, I warned my friends it was almost certain Lindsey wouldn't be there this time - his wife was in town for his birthday and I daresay he had better things to do than hang with fans. But they thought perhaps the backing band would be there and that would be good enough. Sure enough, they were, and Lindsey Buckingham's keyboardist was came over and talked to us because he recognized us from the show.

Friday - Wicked
    No show on Friday. During the day, I held my classes in chat (can't just skip out on work) and that evening we went to downtown Chicago's theater district and saw the musical Wicked. Great show!

Saturday - Milwaukee's Pabst Theater
    This was to be our only seated show. My friends were sitting second row while I was in fifth; I was unwilling to eat a ticket to get a better seat like my friend! It was a good seat anyway - I was on the aisle. The venue is small but lovely - elaborately decorated on the inside in an old-fashioned style. I sat next to a fellow hardcore and we were having a great time as the show started. There wasn't much different than Thursday night musically, so I'll get into the extras, good and bad.

The bad (beginning rant that has nothing to do with Lindsey): when the girl next to me and I saw some people standing up and dancing in the aisle, we moved over to be behind them. We figured we would block less people that way, and we were already on the aisle, so it's not like we had to climb over anybody. When we did, this guy catty-corner to me kicked and hit me (my friend was out of his reach)! Now this had happened to me one time before - the Glasgow Eagles show - and this time I wouldn't back down. I turned around and demanded if he had hit me, and what kind of man would hit a woman. He just growled "SIT DOWN!!" I was going to argue more, but I didn't want to disrupt the show - so I sat back down. But it wasn't to end there. Some other girls came down and he did the same thing to them! I couldn't stand it. I marched over to the nearest guard and said "That man there is kicking and hitting women." When he saw that, the guard decided to let all of the man's "victims" up front to stand in the aisle near the stage! How cool is that?!!! The Pabst Theater rocks! I decided not to go, however - it was far off to the side and my fifth row was center. I was pleased that the issue had been taken care of, though. And when I sat down again, the big burly (and somewhat inebriated) guy sitting behind me said "Did that guy give you a hard time?" I explained what happened and he said loudly "What an asshole! What kind of dick hits women? I'm going to kick his ass after the show!" I was pleased he stood up for me and said "GO FOR IT!" (I guess that was bad of me but I couldn't help it, lol). After that, I noticed the kicker guy was careful never to look our way again, and he didn't kick or hit anyone else either. He also left before the show was over. This made me happy.

Afterwards, we hung out at the bar attached to the theater with several other Lindsey fans. One of them was flirting with a security guard to get him to reveal when Lindsey would leave the venue so we would know where to wait for him - if he's in the mood, Lindsey will stop and sign things for fans. Some fellow guards saw what was happening and, since we were a party of nine women, came over to us in the hopes of also being "used for information." lol I told one of them my story and he puffed out his chest and declared, "I would've thrown that guy out for touching you!" Then he proceeded to tell us about his time as a bounty hunter in Los Angeles (yeah, right). We never got any info about Lindsey - they finally admitted Lindsey had already left - but we sure got entertained!

Sunday - Indianapolis' Egyptian Room
    This was my most special show! It was also general admission, so we got there very early and, despite some confusion about lines, wound up third place in the line to go in! My friends had to go to the bathroom so I stayed where I was and off they went. I entertained myself by talking to my fellow hardcores in line around me (apparently my old site BuckinghamNicks.net hasn't been forgotten, because many of them said "You're NANCY from BN.net! Wow! I love that site! Please update it!" That was gratifying). When my friends didn't return after a half hour, though, I started to get worried. They finally came back, only to tell me that they'd seen Lindsey going into the stage door and when they ran over, he'd hugged them and kissed them on the cheek! I was so jealous, but comforted myself with the fact that I had been hugged and kissed on the cheek by the even more awesome Glenn Frey.

The girls behind us in line were VERY peppy and VERY into Lindsey! They were cute, thin, and blonde and I had a feeling that Lindsey would be looking our way a lot that night, lol. What I didn't anticipate was how vocal they were! Throughout the show they screamed stuff at him. They were sweet girls, but I kind of got a little embarrassed, especially when they hollered the song title "BLEED TO LOVE HER" whenever there was a quiet moment. I whispered "I don't think he'll do it - you've already hollered it ten times - give up!" Well, they showed me. He DID perform the song just for them, off the cuff, at the encore! I turned to the girl closest to me and said "What can I say, you were right!" and gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek! It was awesomely cool and kudos to Lindsey for taking what could have been annoying and turning it into an opportunity to shine.

Also, I had an experience that I'd never had before and it freaking blew me away! My favorite Lindsey song is Fleetwood Mac's "I'm So Afraid" because the intensity of the guitar solo is so affecting. When I heard the notes start, I screamed "I'M SO AFRAID! YES! I LOVE THIS SONG!" Now mind you, we were right at his feet standing up against the stage which came up to about our waists. I don't know if he heard me or what - but he walked over to me and played the entire 5-minute-plus guitar solo right above me - one foot planted on either side of me and looking down at me. HOLY CRAP IT WAS HOT. Usually he moves up and down the stage but not this time. He just stayed there looking down on me, pounding out those notes on the guitar... I was just screaming and cheering and getting REALLY worked up!!! When he got to to the climax of the solo I just about passed out. Finally it was over and he moved away and it took me several minutes to regain my composure. Deep breaths, deep breaths... made the night memorable for me, that's for sure! It's like the guitar equivalent of Glenn Frey singing a sexy and/or romantic song looking right at you!

We waited for Lindsey outside, but so did a bunch of other people - at least 50, perhaps more. His keyboardist who had talked to us the other night came out and chatted with us - he even gave me a kiss on the side of my head - but when Lindsey came out he told the crowd "I've got to catch a plane" and went straight to his van. Oh well!

We came back Sunday night and spent Monday recuperating at my place. Meanwhile my friends harassed me constantly about "abandoning" BN.net for the Eagles in the hopes of getting me to update it again. They also teased me by dissing Don Henley repeatedly. Everything something went wrong, they'd joke "I blame Don Henley!" "Oh no - I left my CD in the car - I blame Don Henley!" "The restaurant is closed? I blame Don Henley!" One friend said she was going to get on this board and pretend to be me, saying that I was going to return to the Fleetwood Mac boards and never come back! I said "They'd never believe you. "

There's room in my heart for 'em all!

And that was my fun Lindsey Buckingham weekend!

Once again You rock Nancy!!! I wish I had the gumption and guts to go off like that! Sounds like you had a awesome time and how much fun!! To bad Lindsey had to catch that plane. I like him and all but no way as much as you do but yet, I got really excited reading your "encounters", especially the solo right above you as he stared down at you. OMG--how cool was that? Have you even recovered from it yet, so do you still see it every time you close your eyes? WOW!! Can hardly wait till your next sojourn to see another Rock God!