Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Joe will be a touring with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in 2017

Default Re: Joe will be a touring with Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers in 2017

I'll be seeing him in Memphis!

GA: Add that day!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just realized several Borderers were lucky enough to see Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on what has sadly turned out to be his last tour. I would imagine these were very special shows because Tom and the band ALWAYS played their hearts out and Joe, too.

"Let's burn our long johns and head west" - Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I'm so glad we went Dawn. It was one of my first thoughts when we heard he was sick that we were so glad we did go when we had the chance. All those deaths in 2016 was a huge part of us wanting to see Tom as well as Joe, and just sad now to see we had good reason to make sure we went.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Yes, 2016 was a rough year and 2017 has not been easy either. In Tom's case I have read he had talked about wanting to retire this year after his tour was over to spend more time with his family and especially his granddaughter. Losing Tom Petty was a huge shock, I honestly adored and admired him very much. I am glad you were able to see him when you did.

Stuck on the Border

Buffy - So glad you were able to see Tom. I tried to see him and Joe at the Prudential Center in June. However, the cheapest tickets I could get were $300-400. I had just spend a ton of money for my nephew's wedding and could not afford those prices. Now I wish I had done it anyway. A lesson learned that I should try and see as many as my 60's - 80's faves sooner rather than later.

So glad I went as well. You never know.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    So glad I went as well. You never know.
    Tom was truly dedicated to his fans and said many times how much he appreciated everyone who ever came to one of his shows. Chokes me up just to think about Tom. i am going to miss him for a long, long time.

Very glad I went as well. So true. You never know.
    -Austin-
    Resident Guitar Slinger
    Fan of the Eagles from 1972-2016 #NOGLENNNOEAGLES

RIP Glenn Frey and Randy Meisner

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key..."