Thread: Happy 100th Birthday, Kirk Douglas

Stuck on the Border

Default Happy 100th Birthday, Kirk Douglas

I'm a day late, but I think it's worth celebrating Mr Douglas making it to 100.

As a kid, I used to like the old historical epics that were shown on Sunday afternnon TV. I'm now amazed that I was exposed to so much mutiliation and violence - not much blood and gore but hands being chopped off, crucification, boiling oil and one that's haunted me for decades that I won't share.

One favourite was "The Vikings" which starred Kurk Douglas and Tony Curtis. I think that had the hand being chopped off, an eye being poked out and someone being tied up as the sea came in.

Another one that haunted me for years was "Ace in the Hole" in which Kirk Douglas played a reporter after a big story and making decisions that were better for the story than for the man who was trapped.

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Happy 100th Birthday, Kirk Douglas

Happy 100th to Kirk Douglas!!! That is amazing he's 100 and still here to enjoy it. I just saw an article showing him celebrating it with his family. It's great when that happens.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: Happy 100th Birthday, Kirk Douglas

Great guy -- broke the horrific Hollywood blacklist!