Thread: Joe Appears on CNN's Larry King Live

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Joe Appears on CNN's Larry King Live

Sorry to be so late in posting this, but it's been another very busy week. Joe appeared on CNN's Larry King Live last Sunday, August 16th to talk about the life and death of his good friend, Dan Fogelberg who succumbed to prostate cancer earlier that same morning at the age of 56 . Joe's appearance was to honor Dan and get out the message of the importance of early detection in the battle against this disease. You can read a transcript of the show on the CNN website.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...17/lkl.01.html

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for the link, dreamer. It really brings home the importance that men get those tests done. Last night, I actually asked my father if he had had his done, and told him about Don Fogelberg dying because he didn't. While Dad didn't know who Fogelberg was, he agreed that if a man several years younger could die from such a disease, that it was certainly a threat to a man of his age. But then he told me he'd already had it done, and everything was normal. What a relief!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

What a pity, I didn't realise how close Joe was to Folgelberg, his death is tragic especially when one considers that it might have been prevented. Thank you for posting this.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I finally got time to read that. Thanks for posting that dreamer.

I wondered why Dan never posted anything more on his website. I guess he just needed to live the rest of his life privately.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I also just had a chance to read this, and thanks from me, too, dreamer.
    I got the CD "The Essential Dan Fogelberg" for Christmas and I have been listening to his songs over & over--I had forgotten what a powerful songwriter and singer he really was. He will definitely be missed, and I am thankful to Joe and the other people who are helping to get the word out about early detection and treatment.