Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Farewell Tour Continuity problems

Default Farewell Tour Continuity problems

Okay, I know I'm being nitpicky about this - and maybe I'm just too way observant for my own good - but has anyone else ever noticed a couple of continuity problems in the Farewell Tour 1 DVD?

The first one is during Take It to the Limit. Don's got his jean jacket on, the cameras cut away from him, then they cut back and his jacket is off, they cut away again and when they go back his coat is back on. This is right when they are singing "Take it...to the limit one more time..." for the first time in the song.

The second time is during Dirty Laundry. Near the end of the song when they're all jamming, Don's to Joe's left (the viewer's right) and in the next camera shot he's back on Joe's right side. There was no way he could've moved over that fast! I know Don's a god and everything, but he's also a quick change artist and can transend time and place? The guy's awesome!

Seriously, though, is there anyone on this board who was at that concert in Melbourne who can shed some light on the details of these two incidents? Or, with all of the knowledgeable people on this board, maybe someone who wasn't there knows what happened. Obviously, they had to reshoot some footage for some reason for these two continuity problems to occur. All I can think of is how lucky those people were that they must've seen an even longer concert than what the DVD viewers are seeing. Lucky dogs!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

From what I understand, it was recorded over several nights and footage from different nights were used throughout the dvd. There are several parts where Joe's hair is slicked back and then they cut away and come back and his hair is dry and flopping all over the place.

There are also problems with Already Gone... Joe has been wearing the blue suit with the yellow shirt beneath and suddenly the yellow shirt is GONE!! and he is wearing a simple black shirt beneath the blue suit... :P

Seriously, the show in Melbourne was recorded over three nights and the acoustic section was recorded a fourth time I believe..... So it is only natural that there would be some contiunity difficulties.

Thanks Maleah and Timfan for the info. I sure hope they bought multiples of their clothing (or at least had them cleaned) for each performance. Talk about your "Dirty Laundry!"

Now I'm going to have to go back and re-watch FT1 again (and again) to find the other continuity problems. What a chore!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

You know I didn't notice these problems until they were pointed out to me! I guess I'm just unobservant. Well, I did notice Joe's hair, but I thought that it just got out of place while he was playing. More careful observation shows me that is not the case! It looks so much better un-slicked - maybe someone informed him of that fact! lol

Once the problems were pointed out to me though, I noticed another one - in some shots towards the end, Glenn's hair is a bit tousled and some strands fall forward, then in the next shot the strands are combed into place, and vice versa. I like the tousled look myself.

I think Joe must have done that different-shirt thing just to mess with everybody. He had to know - and had to have been told - that he needed to wear the same outfit every night. The only explanation is he did it on purpose! Wonder what Executive Producer Glenn Frey thought of that? lol

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I noticed the differences but that's pretty common these days. It's not like the old days when you recorded a concert and that's what you got. Now they are able to edit in and out and, though it makes for a cleaner more polished product, it seems to lessen the authenticity for me.
    I have a new MySpace page. Hopefully Tom's nazis won't jack it again. http://myspace.com/jeffacooke

Stuck on the Border

There is another glaring lapse when Don has on his suit jacket during In The City when he's playing percussion and then he doesn't.

There were five shows in Melbourne but I think only the first three were used plus the separate acoustic taping. I was at the first show on November 14 2004.

There is no difference between the FI DVD and what we saw at those shows, except I thought the four Sydney shows were more relaxed and spontaneous.

Regarding their clothes they would have had them cleaned at the hotel.

one other lapse I found involves Joe and Michael Thompson. During "Wasted Time" Joe is over beside Wil Hollis playing the organ. But when they switch to Wasted Time interlude; suddenly there is Michael Thompson in the exact spot Joe was in two seconds earlier... hehehe

Thank you for pointing out these "funnys", Katherine! This just gives me another excuse to watch F1 again! I honestly didn't notice before - you are very observant!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

There are actually quite a few of these little "problems". I'll also have to watch the DVD to remember all of them too. Tsk! Tsk! I do remember in one song (I think it is Funk 49, but I'll have to verify that) Joe's guitar strap keeps changing. Also, Don has similar hair problems near the end of the DVD - he has a little spike of hair that keeps bouncing back and forth on his forehead - kinda of like, now you see it, now you don't. As I said, I know there are other things that will come to mind if I think about it more.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016