I was reading some old threads last night and saw Mrs Frey's thread about favorite HFO moments. I didn't see one for FT1, so I thought I'd start it. I might have to do this in 2 parts - I have many! I, of course, loved the whole thing, but here are the highlights:

Long Run - Don doing that little talking motion with his hands while he sings "People talkin' about us..." Also, when he sings to Joe, "Cause all the debutantes in Houston, baby, couldn't hold a candle to you."

Wasted Time - I just love watching Don sing this song and just give it his all - his eyes closed, his emoting. I especially love it when it's just Don's voice and Glenn's piano playing.

Peaceful Easy Feeling - I don't think I've heard the opening strains of this song sound as sweet as it does on this DVD.

One of These Nights - Don's drumming and singing lead and that great "Whoa-oo-whoa-ooh-whoa--ooh!" Those high notes! How the hell can he still do that?

One Day at a Time - Joe Walsh: "It's about relevant stuff." LOL! The song was a nice surprise. I'm always leery when it comes to new stuff, but I liked this right away.

Lyin' Eyes - Glenn: "...an old song...it's just about all we have" and his referring to his first wife as "plaintiff."

Boys of Summer - When Don strums the guitar to begin the first "I can see you..." refrain. I don't know why, but I find that simple move very sexy.

Already Gone - Love Don's intense face during this song or as I like to call it - his "I think something crawled into my drum set and died" grimace.

No More Cloudy Days - Like One Day at a Time, this was a pleasant surprise too. I was so happy to see that it's on Long Road Out of Eden (which I'll finally get Christmas morning - can't wait!)

You Belong to the City - Love the whole number, but especially the repetitive (and almost hypnotic) drumbeat.

Life's Been Good - I really get a kick out of watching Glenn's reactions to Joe's antics. Even Don looks like he's having fun with this song! My favorite part is when Glenn and Joe are shuffling across the stage and it looks like Joe misses a step or something. It cracks Glenn and Don up.

Dirty Laundry - So cool! I love watching Tim and Glenn strut around the stage and Don looks oh so cool playing the guitar. And I like the little 5-man hop that they do.

Life in the Fast Lane - Don: "Are you with me so far?" (Audience cheers) "Good!"

All She Wants to Do is Dance - Glenn's dancing is great! He's so uninhibited! Joe's little shuffle across stage is hilarious. And I love the huge grin on Don's face when he's playing with Tim.

Desperado - no explanation needed here. It's all Don, baby!

General highlights:

I love watching Don play the "stand-up percussion set" (for lack of a better term). Very sexy! I especially enjoy watching the synchronicity between him and Scott Crago. There are some great shots of them during In the City and Walkaway and their drumming is just flawless.

Okay, raise your hand if you think Will Hollis is just too damn cute?

I really enjoy the audience shots. Everyone looks so happy to be there (and why wouldn't they be?). I love watching them dance and sing along with the boys.

Wardrobe change: Don looked mighty fine in the first part of the concert, but I do like him in his denim and plaid shirts. I like that laid back, comfortable look that he has.

Bonus features: I'm liking Don's scruffy whiskered look and he smiles and laughs! I laughed when he mentioned the writer who said that they "loiter on stage...it's a little more dignified to loiter" (at their age).

Well, I guess I got everything in. How about you? What are your favorite moments?