Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite moments from Farewell Tour 1 DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    Re Will Hollis: and also

My favourite moments on this DVD can be summed up very quickly:

No More Cloudy Days. but in particular the 'big adventure for me personally' and the stare at the camera.

Heartache Tonight. All those hand movements. Charisma plus.
    New Kid In Town
    Lyin' Eyes

It's not that I enjoy looking at that suit, or anything, you understand.

Don's drumming in Already Gone, OOTN, HC, LBG and RMW.

That's probably enough.
    Highlighted text 1: Will Hollis is rather cute, isn't he? It's just difficult to concentrate on Will when Glenn's around, though . I rather enjoy the two of them at the keyboards together during "All She Wants To Do Is Dance", but then I can barely wait to see Glenn dancing again .

Highlighted text 2: I didn't get round to it with my last post, but "Heartache Tonight" is my favourite Eagles song, and Glenn's performance is completely captivating. I love the hand movements too, and I especially love the part where he crosses his arms across his chest... If I were to be in the front row at an Eagles concert, and he were to do that, I would not be responsible for my actions. I think Security would have to form a barrier in front of me.

FP, that suit is a favourite Glenn outfit of mine, too. When I first saw the concert, he took my breath away. But then again, he always does...

I also enjoy watching Don's drumming. His backbeat on "Already Gone" for some reason is particularly appealing to me in this concert.

Looking at your second post here, Glenn/Don "warm & fuzzy" moments are particularly touching to me, too.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    1. The way Glenn gets into his part on OOTN. You can tell that he loves this song.

2. Tim's admonishment when he says "Remember, we're taping tonight." His expression is so cute (and his pointing).

3. Don's intro to HITW. I love the "down unda" and how he looks kinda uncomfortable - it makes him look vulnerable.

4. Glenn's band intros. I love the "fertilizer of their genious" line.

5. The way Glenn is smacking at his face during the Dirty Laundry intro.

9. The bonus interview parts:

The entire segment of Glenn and Joe together

The entire segment with Don - "Whose guitar is this anyway?"

I think pretty much the whole bonus interview section is a highlight for me. I love how Glenn laughs at Joe's humour. That throaty laugh straight from the heart gets me going too, and makes me just feel the love...

I always enjoy Don's little peep at the camera while he's tuning the snare drum, and the way he describes it as "a very delicate operation".

Joe is so sincere when he talks about the fans, and it touches me everytime.

Another highlight for me is when Glenn winks at a fan - I'm not sure, but I seem to recall it happening while he performs "Take It To The Limit" (I'll have to watch it again just to make sure ). I just LOVE that!

Funk #49: Tim looks like a panther when he prances about to the beat at one point during the song. Glenn and Joe get in on the act, too! They're so athletic!

Quote Originally Posted by glenneaglesfan
    I love the three guitar solos at the end of Dirty Laundry, and the five guitar line up.
    GEF, I love this too! Isn't this also the song where they jump up and down while they're playing? I find that utterly fascinating! How do they do it?

Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    Another for Will Hollis ....he is just so cutey-cute. I just love him.

So my fave Farewell 1 moments are any shot that Will is in, but especially his beautiful expressions during Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, All she wants to do.

Steph
    Welcome to The Border from me too, Steph! I have to agree that Will is cute, but I'm afraid the Eagles themselves (especially Glenn ) have ingrained themselves into my heart far too deeply for me to look too much in anyone else's direction!

Okay, I do concede I have one favourite moment that involves someone other than the boys themselves: when Al Garth plays that trumpet intro to "Hotel California", and encourages the audience to cheer when he holds that note, is simply fantastic!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm loving everyone's "moments" and trying to think of anything I can add!

The only one I can think of is in Already Gone, I think, when Glenn sings "Just remember this, my girl, when you look up in the sky" and he rolls his eyes up! I think that's so cute!

And for Will, too! He is adorable.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Well, my "favorite" is going to be relatively small because I'll just list my favorite favorite (though I like it all). The best part of the DVD for me is that the guys look like they are genuinely having fun. Fun is contagious.
    I have a new MySpace page. Hopefully Tom's nazis won't jack it again. http://myspace.com/jeffacooke

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by StephUK
    Another for Will Hollis ....he is just so cutey-cute. I just love him.

So my fave Farewell 1 moments are any shot that Will is in, but especially his beautiful expressions during Lyin' Eyes, Heartache Tonight, All she wants to do.

Steph
    Welcome to The Border from me too, Steph! I have to agree that Will is cute, but I'm afraid the Eagles themselves (especially Glenn ) have ingrained themselves into my heart far too deeply for me to look too much in anyone else's direction!

Okay, I do concede I have one favourite moment that involves someone other than the boys themselves: when Al Garth plays that trumpet intro to "Hotel California", and encourages the audience to cheer when he holds that note, is simply fantastic!
    Just regarding the HC horn intro, that's Bill Armstrong, not Al.

Hi 'Mrs Frey'

I quite understand that. I've loved the Eagles music for years, and although I appreciate they each have their charms there wasn't a specific one who I lusted after.

When I first saw Will Hollis (back when he used to look so serious and a bit shy, and didn't often smile when he was playing!) I thought how attractive he was. Then I heard him play the piano so beautifully and that was it......he stole my heart.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL EAGLES FANS

Steph

Steph,
    First, welcome to The Border!
    Now, I have a little story about Will Hollis. You are right, he is definitely a cutie-pie. He went on tour with Don last summer and when my friend Kelly & I saw Don in Oklahoma City, we were sitting in the third row, directly in front of Will. When Don walked over to the opposite side of the stage to play to the other side of the amphitheater, we waved at Will, who was playing right in front of us, and he grinned and nodded back to us. For the rest of the show, whenever Don walked away from center stage to the other side, we were waving at Will and he was winking and grinning at us. He was so adorable and sweet, and he added to an already fantastic evening.

Happy New Year to you too!

Awwww...that's so cute. God, I would love to get seats so close for the Eagles or for Don. That's awesome that you were that close!
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."