Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Randy Christmas Card

Default Randy Christmas Card

I sent a card and letter to Randy 4 months ago; telling him how much I truly enjoy his music and what a great artist he is. I also sent a picture asking for an autograph, well as I said it has been 4 months, but I was not giving up hope. This weekend I received my picture back from Randy, autographed, and he also sent me a Christmas card of himself and his precious little dog, Elsie. It is the cutest picture. He looks great! I hope and pray this means he is on the mend and doing well!! I still cannot stop smiling.

Default Re: Randy Christmas Card

I have never expected an artist to answer their incredible amount of mail or sign autographs. I know they are very busy, some are afraid of possibly dangerous people, and some never even see their mail. That being said, it makes it all the more special and amazing when they do! Randy's response to you was so very nice, and I know you will cherish the items and the excitement of receiving them always! I think your letter to him was a real word of encouragement greatly appreciated.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

ETG, that's awesome! How nice of Randy to do that!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That is so awesome! Imagine getting a card from Randy I've been wanting to send him a card or letter but I didn't know where to send one. Did you go through Eagles management?

I'm glad he is looking great and Elsie is alive and well. This is a good sign indeed!

I admit being a little but I'm also happy for you East Texas Girl! You have a gift to treasure always.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

That is so awesome EGT!!! So sweet Randy sent that to you.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    I have never expected an artist to answer their incredible amount of mail or sign autographs. I know they are very busy, some are afraid of possibly dangerous people, and some never even see their mail. That being said, it makes it all the more special and amazing when they do! Randy's response to you was so very nice, and I know you will cherish the items and the excitement of receiving them always! I think your letter to him was a real word of encouragement greatly appreciated.
    I did not know if he would receive my letter or not or even if the address I found was legit, I was just praying it would go through. I know they must get a lot of fan mail. It just melts my heart to know that he actually read my words to him and was gracious enough to return my picture. Believe me it brought several tears to my eyes when I opened that brown envelope that I had addressed!! And then when I saw that there was another envelope from him, oh my gosh, I think I might have stopped breathing.... I hope I brought a smile to his face as much as he has to mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    That is so awesome! Imagine getting a card from Randy I've been wanting to send him a card or letter but I didn't know where to send one. Did you go through Eagles management?

I'm glad he is looking great and Elsie is alive and well. This is a good sign indeed!

I admit being a little but I'm also happy for you East Texas Girl! You have a gift to treasure always.
    Believe me, I just about did faint! I debated on sending him something for several months before finally doing it, I figured what could it hurt and then what if it woks... I did not go through Eagles management; I actually found the address online under a fanmail site. I figured it was probably old or bogus but my letter made it through.

I will treasure it always! I have talked with someone else that received the same card, so I know I am not the only one, just glad that I am one!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke View Post
    ETG, that's awesome! How nice of Randy to do that!
    I know it was very sweet and so unexpected!!

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    That is so awesome EGT!!! So sweet Randy sent that to you.
    Yes, it is!! And it arrived just a few days after my birthday. It is more than enough birthday and Christmas present!

Please Share It must be awsome to get something from Randy.

I know how you feel. I am a huge Guns N Roses fan and a Few months ago I won an autographed Lithograph signed by all members of the band.
    Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy Reed, Richard Fortus, Frank Ferrar and Melissa Reese.

Still nothing is better then getting a card from Mr. Randy Meisner who I find an incredibley underated Bassist.

IMO his finest playing is Hotel California