Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Carrie Fisher

Default RIP Carrie Fisher

She will always be Princess Leia to many, but I loved her in Harry Met Sally also. She had great comedic timing and was a talented actress.

RIP Carrie Fisher

(These "RIP"s are getting to be too much )

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Re: Prayers and Good Wishes for Carrie Fisher

RIP Carrie Fisher. I'm so devastated by this. Like I mentioned above I love Carrie and she always reminded me of my Mom. This feels like when Glenn passed to me as he reminded me of my Dad. This whole year has been so sad with all these deaths and just makes you appreciate your loved ones even more and put things into perspective. My thoughts and prayers are with her mom Debbie, her daughter Billie, her family, and all her friends, especially the "Star Wars" cast & crew.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: Prayers and Good Wishes for Carrie Fisher

OMG. I just found out on this thread that she died.

After George Michael died, I was praying that she would make it through. I guess she didn't, but I wasn't surprised. She's the same age as my mother, but Carrie is a month and a half older than my mother.

I loved her in Star Wars, When Harry Met Sally, Loverboy, Drop Dead Fred, Soapdish, and The 'Burbs.

I just read that she did finished her scenes for Episode VIII. So we will see Carrie Leia one last time next year. I don't know how they are going to handle Episode IX especially if she doesn't die in Episode VIII.

RIP Carrie.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 12-27-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Default RIP Carrie Fisher

Carrie Fisher died today at 60.

After George Michael died, I was praying that she would make it through. I guess she didn't, but I wasn't surprised. She's the same age as my mother, but Carrie is a month and a half older than my mother.

I loved her in Star Wars, When Harry Met Sally, Loverboy, Drop Dead Fred, Soapdish, and The 'Burbs.

I just read that she did finished her scenes for Episode VIII. So we will see Carrie Leia one last time next year. I don't know how they are going to handle Episode IX especially if she doesn't die in Episode VIII.

RIP Carrie.

OK. Grim Reaper. Can you please take a vacation.

Default Re: RIP Carrie Fisher

RIP Carrie Fisher - another one gone
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border Tiffanny Twisted's Avatar

Rip
    So very sad
    I loved her books too
    So sad for a mom to bury her daughter

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I posted in the other thread and I'm so sad about it. I have no idea what they're going to do in episode 9 of the "Star Wars" movies Shun. I knew filming wrapped for 8 but it does make you wonder. I know her real life daughter Billie plays a character in it too and her role gets expanded in 8 and I think 9. Of course they could write her death in now especially with what happened to Han in 7 and they could reunite Leia & Han.

I also decided to spend some of my Christmas money on her books, especially her latest one "The Princess Diarist". I've been planning to read them for awhile and now for sure will.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

RIP, Miss Carrie.

It's all in your smile that brings
    All of the special things about you

Quote Originally Posted by buffyfan145 View Post
    I posted in the other thread and I'm so sad about it. I have no idea what they're going to do in episode 9 of the "Star Wars" movies Shun. I knew filming wrapped for 8 but it does make you wonder. I know her real life daughter Billie plays a character in it too and her role gets expanded in 8 and I think 9. Of course they could write her death in now especially with what happened to Han in 7 and they could reunite Leia & Han
    Hope that this isn't too spoilery, but in Rogue One, they did computer generate 2 important human characters b/c the actor died in real life or the actor is too old to reprise their role. I'm not saying that they should do that for her case in the new movie, but it's a possibility. The likely option is writing in her death in Ep. 9. Unfortunately, they can't do force ghosts for them unless they make up more force rules. She is technically force-sensitive, but she never got to develop her skills. Well, that's the presumption. It's rumored that Solo is force-sensitive, but that was not confirmed to the best of my knowledge.

RIP, Carrie Fisher.

I was a huge fan - even dressed as Princess Leia for Halloween this year. Her character was the first truly strong heroine I had seen in a scifi movie.

She always came across as so hilarious in interviews but also somehow vulnerable. I'm terribly sad she's gone.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten