Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don Henley - Austin City Limits Live @ Moody Theater in Austin, TX - January 14, 2017

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Don Henley - Austin City Limits Live @ Moody Theater in Austin, TX - January 14,

Steph - Glad you were able to make it across the pond to see several of Don's shows. And thanks for all of your research in posting all the links to reviews and photos.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Default Re: Don Henley - Austin City Limits Live @ Moody Theater in Austin, TX - January 14,

Today is the 2nd Anniversary of me seeing Don in concert in Austin.

I enjoyed going to Austin, Houston and Linden.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Sounds like it was a lot of fun!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It was and then bumping into Scott and Michael after the show. Talk about being at the right place at the right time.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Good for you, shun. Glad you had such a great time. And bumping into Scott and Michael was a bonus for sure. It's happened to us a few times in our travels as well.

I had a chat with Scott in the hotel bar after the Eagles show in Glasgow in 2009. Some of the other support musicians were in the bar also, but sadly not Will. Some of the road crew were there also, and many a drink was had by all, I think. Well, it was the 4th of July!

I love hearing those stories!

Side note - I thought this concert was going to be re-broadcast and I had it set to record, but it disappeared off of my DVR. Did this happen to anyone else?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Very weird, soda. I don't think that ever happened to me before.