What a great show! It was very different from the show I saw on New Year's Eve. No "Best of My Love," "Last Worthless Evening," or "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" but we did get the following:

(NOTE: Even though "Best of My Love" is listed, he did not play it)

Don seemed to enjoy himself despite suffering from allergies. His voice was only affected noticeably a few times. He looked very nice in his usual gear of jeans, a shirt, and a vest. He seems to be keeping fit.

He didn't just tell the same old stories, which I appreciated. Even though the stories were about the same moments in time, he would vary the details he chose to include. For those of us going to more than one show, that keeps it fresh. I appreciate how he isn't so terribly scripted anymore in his comments.

He made a lot of jokes and wry comments. An example: before "Shangri-La" he said that he was going to play all of our favorites but also one that wasn't a favorite... that's an accurate description, as this is one of my least favorite songs of his entire catalogue. However, each time I hear this live, I like it better. It has a pretty cool groove live... if I go to any more shows, this song may rise from its current occupancy in the bottom 5 Don Henley solo songs (it's already risen from bottom 3).

Another story I especially liked was a bit of information about an Arizonian college teacher he'd had once who he was inspired by - a Shakespeare teacher (right down my alley). He said she was a chain smoker and cussed a lot - quite a character - but she was great. He also shared that she died on an Alaskan cruise - "I don't know if that's funny or not."

There were some rowdy members who shouted stuff a few times - especially this one dude who kept hollering "I LOVE YOU DON" and other stuff (he said "But you hardly know me" lol). I found it obnoxious but Don handled it. In addition to talking about his former teacher, Don made a lot of regional references which pleased the Arkansas crowd, and as the steel guitar player is from Little Rock, we got that lame Razorback "war cry" or whatever it is from the audience (sorry Razorback fans, this Aggie was rolling her eyes).

Although it was inauguration day, he refrained from making any overt references to Trump - just a couple generalized subtle expressions of dismay over the state of the world. He did call the day "historic" however and said he had signed CDs for sale with "Little Rock" and the date on them. I was desperate to get one and decided I would sneak out during "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" - but that never got sung. Just as I feared, by the time I did get out to the stand afterwards, they were all sold out. Oh well. My card was acting up so I wasn't even able to get a T-shirt!

The crowd was a bit of a dud in that they wouldn't get to their feet unless it was to go buy a drink. During the encore, a few stood. I tried to stand during "Life in the Fast Lane" and an usher told me to sit, despite the others standing elsewhere. A sour moment in an otherwise great night.

Don dedicated "Wasted Time" to Glenn. I was moved. I wonder why he chose that song, though? Plus, I wish he'd sing the whole thing himself instead of making it a duet... but saying positive, it was nice to have that emotional moment.

Shout out to VAisforEaglesLovers and the four ladies I met from an Eagles Facebook group I'm a member of!

Now I want to go to Atlanta tomorrow, but I don't have a ticket and driving 12 hours on Sunday (6 there, 6 back) only to arrive home hours before heading out to work Monday morning.... I've done it before, but it's pretty difficult to manage. I'll do a quick search and unless I get front row for face, I'm not going to go. Still, I would if it were closer!