Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Little Rock, AR at the Robinson Center - 1/20/17

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Default Re: Little Rock, AR at the Robinson Center - 1/20/17

What a cool thing for Don to do - signing the cds!! Sorry that you were unable to get one Soda.
    Thank you for the review & the set list photo !

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

Great Review!! Thanks!!

I don't have much to add...it was a fantastic show, as expected. The traffic in Little Rock was horrible but we arrived earlier in the afternoon and stayed at the hotel next door.

We got in early so we got to see the opening act, which we saw at Joe's concert in Memphis.

I was hoping we might get an additional song than we did since we weren't going to get "Talking to the Moon." Maybe the Arkansas Razorbacks' Pig Sooie cheer was the substitute! Haha.

We are putting together our Eagles memorabilia collection for display and we had received autographed CDs from Joe, Timothy and Don Felder and I said it was too bad that Don Henley didn't have them. I was very happy to see that he had signed CDs and albums available so we were able to buy an album which will get a framed spot on the wall!!

As was mentioned previously, there was one loud guy in the crowd that seemed a little obnoxious - but not in a mean way - and Don handled it well!

We were in 3rd row center so had an amazing view...he didn't mention allowing photos at all - probably because the crowd seemed to be in compliance the whole show...at least those around me. For that reason I didn't get any photos (I didn't want to be "that guy!") during the show so I only got a couple of snaps as he was giving his final farewells that didn't turn out that clear.

We did stay up to dance during most of LITFL although most people started sitting shortly after it started....which leaves you kinda hanging out there!!

His comments and stories were interesting and funny. I especially liked hearing about "The Last Resort" and the song itself as it is one on my favorites.

Definitely the only Donald I cared to see on January 20, 2017!! Hope I get a chance to see him again!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love the CD! So jealous!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I think they were selling the signed CD at Sugar Land. I don't remember if they were selling it at Austin. I didn't get the CD. Maybe I should had. I bought a tshirt for me and a tote bag for my friend who's also a Don Henley fan. I need to mail it for to her. It was a birthday present for her.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 01-24-2017 at 04:30 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Desperado longtimeeaglesfan's Avatar

They were selling both the signed vinyl album (which I got) and the CD. Out of curiosity I looked on eBay to see if anybody was selling them and the only one I saw was a vinyl album that he signed and dated on January 19 (Tulsa)....but he didn't didn't write the location.

I got the vinyl album because Don Henley is my favorite Eagle and I wanted it to be the most prominent in the display. I had Timothy sign his CD in Nashville and Joe's signed CD came with the meet and greet package in Memphis. Don Felder signed my Eagles Live vinyl album cover when we met him in Nashville.

Unfortunately, I never got the chance to meet or get Glenn's autograph, so I ordered his "No Fun Aloud" vinyl album cover to frame unsigned. At one point back in the 1980's when I lived in Canada, I had all the Eagles vinyl albums as well as Don's "I Can't Stand Still" and Glenn's "No Fun Aloud." I think they might still be at on of my sisters' home in storage. Now I have everything digitally or on CD, but I'm glad to see that vinyl has regained a small audience.

I hope Don Henley has another meet and greet package at some point like he had in Texas awhile back...it certainly would be a special event to attend!!