Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atlanta, GA - Fox Theater, 1/22/2017

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Atlanta, GA - Fox Theater, 1/22/2017

Va, thanks for your review. It's good to know you are keeping up your Eagles love.

I was also at the Atlanta show Sunday night, and it was phenomenal! This was my first time seeing Don in concert, and while I expected great things, I was really blown away.

After reading reviews of his shows and loving the music for so long, it was almost surreal to see him in person. Can't pick a favorite moment - every song was great - but I loved seeing him do the really high parts at the end of Witchy Woman and when he rocked out and jumped in (I think) LITFL...you'd never believe he was pushing 70! Rainy Night in GA was also a treat, esp. since they put it together at the last minute. I thought the radio intro was very cool and clever as well.

He told a lot of the stories that folks have mentioned from other shows - That Old Flame inspiration, the Aspen girl, Sunset Grill, etc. But I love that he shares anecdotes like that and interacts with the audience - lets his charm and sense of humor shine!

Thought he absolutely brought down the house and seemed to be having a good time himself. I agree w/ VA that the audience was pretty fired up and gave a lot of props to the band & female singers as well, which Don seemed to appreciate.

He had on jeans, those boots, a white shirt, and a dark blazer/jacket. Here is a link to a photo gallery from our local paper - the slideshow seems buggy, but hopefully y'all can see the first couple pics at least.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/lifesty...vpQYVa62u9L7H/

(Adds some clarification on the hair/facial hair situation, which I confess I couldn't really make out from the balcony )

Anyway, it was an incredible show...wish I was headed to FL for another round!

Here's HC from the Atlanta. Look at all those cell phones. lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIuIF30S8Lc[/ame]

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Thanks for all the reviews and glad Don was in fine form and put on such a great show for you.

Don's looking great and I'm one that's glad he dropped the vest. I'd love to hear him do Rainy Night in Georgia! And he allowed videos? Amazing!

Welcome to the Border, BJB!

VA, sorry about you Steelers too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Out on the Border

I was also at this show, it was fantastic. We were on the 9th row, I had an aisle seat just left of center. After Don asked the guy to put down his camera (I think it was the first song after 7 Bridges), he said if we would just wait until the song about the hotel we could use them. During the show the attendant monitored the front frequently, but as soon as the encores started people from behind us flooded the aisle in front and next to me. Everyone was videoing and live streaming the entire encores with no complaints from Don or security. Almost all of my videos and photos have arms and cameras in them.

Soda, you were first on my list had my son decided not to use his tickets. He decided since the Georgia Dome was only a couple of miles away and with riding MARTA he would make it to the concert, which he did even before the opening act.

Thanks for thinking of me, PJ. I'm glad your son made it in plenty of time!

BJB - glad you enjoyed the show. Thanks for the link!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Review and photos

http://stageshottz.com/?p=3887