Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which song has really grown on you the more you hear it?

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I would have to say 'What Do I Do With My Heart' - It didn't grab me at first but now I'm absolutely loving it. Glenn's voice is really winning me over. Dare I say it - I could become a Glenn fan Yep, Glenn could be pushing Joe out of his number two slot on my 'fanometer' (sorry Glenn only Tim can be in my number one slot).
    I know exactly what you mean. It is sooooo hard to chose between all these guys. Good grief - they are all so amazingly gifted (and not bad on the eyes either). How in the world did one band luck out with so much talent

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

It's a mystery

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I would have to say 'What Do I Do With My Heart' - It didn't grab me at first but now I'm absolutely loving it. Glenn's voice is really winning me over. Dare I say it - I could become a Glenn fan Yep, Glenn could be pushing Joe out of his number two slot on my 'fanometer' (sorry Glenn only Tim can be in my number one slot).
    I know exactly what you mean. It is sooooo hard to chose between all these guys. Good grief - they are all so amazingly gifted (and not bad on the eyes either). How in the world did one band luck out with so much talent
    I think one look at your av says it all Dreamer!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

Glenn/Joe/Don/Tim

The song that I did tend to neglect was You Are Not Alone. I listened to this closely the other day and I found it deeply moving. I suppose there were several reasons for that.

I'm another one who really likes IDWTHA now. When I first heard it I thought it was a bit bland, but now I think it is powerful and moving, and Tim sings it beautifully. I've also grown to like Business is Usual - it's got a great raw rock appeal to it. Well, really I like all the songs on this album, but some have taken a little longer. I liked COTU and LGTIT straight away. As for WDIDWMH, tbs fanatic, well, Glenn is just awesome on this, and when he and Don sing together I whack the volume up in my car and sing along. I'm just sad when it finishes.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Have to agree with you there - I'm really playing that one A LOT lately.

Out on the Border freyfantastic61's Avatar

My absolute favs' is Waiting in the weeds and What do I do with my heart and Do something. luv FF61

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I liked I Don't Want to Hear Any More from the start... something about the intro catches my fancy.
    Soda, I know you posted this long ago, and I meant to comment on it long ago, but it kind of passed me by... Could your liking of this intro having anything to do with a certain count-in by a certain Mr Frey?

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Here's something else I meant to comment on, but never got around to. While Glenn is my outright sweetheart, I find it difficult to choose between the others. I tend towards Don after Glenn , but I suppose that's because he does so much of the singing, and I love his voice. I'm a voice person. However, the others have so many attributes, and I love Joe's guitar work and powerful singing style, as well as his clowning on stage and loveable personality. I love Tim's quiet yet effective presence on stage, with his exceptional bass playing and high, soaring singing. I'd love him to do at least three songs in concert. We don't hear enough of Tim.

It is true that Glenn is an extremely good looking man, but ultimately it's his voice that makes him my no. 1 Eagle. I can listen to him continuously for hours, and on a daily basis. His voice is so beautiful, powerful and versatile. He has so many attributes, though - he has the whole package.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    I liked I Don't Want to Hear Any More from the start... something about the intro catches my fancy.
    Soda, I know you posted this long ago, and I meant to comment on it long ago, but it kind of passed me by... Could your liking of this intro having anything to do with a certain count-in by a certain Mr Frey?
    LOL! No, I'm afraid not. I didn't even notice that until I'd heard the song several times.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten