Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which song has really grown on you the more you hear it?

Quote Originally Posted by freyfantastic61
    My absolute favs' is Waiting in the weeds and What do I do with my heart and Do something. luv FF61
    Your first two are my faves, too!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frey
    It is true that Glenn is an extremely good looking man, but ultimately it's his voice that makes him my no. 1 Eagle. I can listen to him continuously for hours, and on a daily basis. His voice is so beautiful, powerful and versatile. He has so many attributes, though - he has the whole package.
    Interesting...insert Don's name in Mrs. Frey's quote and that pretty much sums up my thoughts on my number 1 Eagle. As far as the others, I'd have to put Glenn as number 2 because of all of his Eagles songs that I adore (TIE, AG, PEF, TS), Joe as number 3 because of his solo and James Gang stuff, and then Tim - well, just because someone has to be last.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'm with MF on this one! Glenn is my #1

After that Timmy (Timtot wouldn't let it be any other way ) Joe and Don. But that is not a slur on Don, as there is virtually nothing separating the other 3 after Glenn
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

The song that has really grown on me is 'Business as usual'. When I first played the CDs it didn't stand out in any way to me, but now it does. There's quite a lot to it. In fact, every time I listen to the CDs I pick up on something new - a particular lyric or a harmony or an little bit of one of the instruments that I hadn't previously noticed.....it's just that kind of CD

LOL
    Steph

Center of the Universe has really grown on me! I thought it was ok to begin with...but now it's becoming one of my favorites!

Border Desperado

The thing is BBF, WITW, HL are favs since born, so the ones that really had grow... in me are:

You Are Not Alone
    Center Of The Universe and main,

FG on the big Picture
    Be part of something good,
    Leave something good behind.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

For me I was listening to a lot of Disc 1, but again, 'Center of the Universe has become a big favourite when I play Disc 2. I love the harmonies in it and the music. The words are beautiful too. I particularly love the line
    'Someday with All the Stars to guide you, you will find your way back home'. Its a beautiful easy-to-listen to relaxing song.

I hope they do it in London!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    For me I was listening to a lot of Disc 1, but again, 'Center of the Universe has become a big favourite when I play Disc 2. I love the harmonies in it and the music. The words are beautiful too. I particularly love the line
    'Someday with All the Stars to guide you, you will find your way back home'. Its a beautiful easy-to-listen to relaxing song.

I hope they do it in London!
    COTU is one of my faves, too, and your favorite line was my sig line for a while until a day or two ago! Wouldn't you know someone would mention it after I changed it?!

I have become recently enamored with No More Cloudy Days. I know it's kind of old, but I never played it much other than on the dvd, but now I just love it. And What Do I Do With My Heart (geez, that's a long title!) is growing on me, too.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

It seems very strange that I'm answering my own question, but Fast Company has grown on me over the last couple of months or so. When I first heard it, my first thought was "Did Don hurt himself singing that high?" and my second thought was "What was he thinking?" Now I love this song! I love singing along to it and find the lyrics wonderfully ironic. It's kind of their "do as I say, not as I did" song for their kids. It's now one of my favorites on the album.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Songs that have grown on me are Guilty Of The Crime, Long Road Out Of Eden, Somebody and I Don't Want To Hear Anymore.
    How can love survive in such a graceless age?