Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which song has really grown on you the more you hear it?

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    Quote Originally Posted by tbs fanatic
    I would have to say 'What Do I Do With My Heart' - It didn't grab me at first but now I'm absolutely loving it. Glenn's voice is really winning me over. Dare I say it - I could become a Glenn fan Yep, Glenn could be pushing Joe out of his number two slot on my 'fanometer' (sorry Glenn only Tim can be in my number one slot).
    I know exactly what you mean. It is sooooo hard to chose between all these guys. Good grief - they are all so amazingly gifted (and not bad on the eyes either). How in the world did one band luck out with so much talent
    Glenn knew who he wanted from the start and only picked the best
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Glenn knew who he wanted from the start and only picked the best
    Really? I don't think so.....

Df, I think your banner says it all!

I have lost disc 1 in my car and am feeling bereft. Elder son was insured for a week on my car and seems to have interfered with my music.

Katherine, I have liked Fast Company from the start, against the flow. I like the beat, and I like Don's voice - it's not classic Eagles but for me it has a lot to say, and provides a good foil to the other songs. I was lucky enough to get the promo cd last year (thanks to Soda), so have been listening to NMCD, FC and DS for quite a while.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I went in search for a topic regarding songs on LROOE after my long trip back and forth to my mom's last night -and here it is, and here's why...

I got a call again yesterday that mom was sick again so in my hurry I forgot to grab my ipod. I went in search of cds already in the truck and found LROOE and popped it in. Of course I've heard it many times but have most of the songs mixed in with other stuff on my ipod and don't usually hear the actual cd. Last night it was a treat hearing each song one after the other. For some reason it really "GOT" me last night. I literally got chills when "How Long" came on for some reason! Now that's not to say that I don't get a thrill EVERY TIME I hear an Eagles song or see pics of them (many chills have covered this body seeing pics of Timmy ) but hearing these cds last night really affected me for some reason. Just the Eagles getting me thru another tough time in my life once again as they so often have in the past, without even knowing it. Just thought I would share and I'm sure all of you have had similar experiences?!?
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Good for you, TBF. Hope your mom is doing better. It is amazing how powerful good music can be for the soul, isn't it. It happens to me all the time when I'll listen to a song I've heard lots of other times, but suddenly a line, verse, or even the whole song will strike a chord in me like it never had before.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I hope your mom is doing better as well TBF.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh, boy, TBF, if "How Long" is giving you chills now, wait until the Eagles start their concert with it at your very first experience after all these years. You are in for a TREAT, girl!

On a more serious note, I hope your mom is doing better, my dear.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. It isn't looking good again with my Mom. We put her back in the hospital yesterday and a MRI shows an infection on her spine (possibly a staff). They will be doing a spinal tap tomorrow morning trying to get a grip on exactly what they are dealing with. They have her very doped up and yet if you even touch her, she cries out in pain. My brother pointed out today that tomorrow will be exactly 1 year ago that we had our dad in the hospital and was told he only had a couple months to live. July's haven't been to good for us the last couple of years.
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I hope they get this thing figured out for your Mom, TBF. I know it can be very stressful and trying for all of you. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Oh, TBF, I'm sorry to hear your mom is in such pain, and at such a sorrowful time of year for you. Here's hoping she pulls through.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten