Thread: Question about Christchurch concert - 1995

Default Question about Christchurch concert - 1995

I was watching some of the videos from the Christchurch concert and could tell that it must've been quite cold that evening. I could see their breath as they sang, Don sounded hoarse (and not his typical hoarseness), poor Tim's wiping his nose with the back of his hand...so if any of you out there were at that concert, what month was it in? Was it unseasonably cold? And was it also raining? It kind of looked like it especially in Boys of Summer. If it was cold enough to see their breath, I can only imagine how cold their hands must have been and how that affected their guitar playing.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

First of all - I wasn't there - I can only wish. I believe the Christchurch show was in November, 1995. And yes - it was definitely pouring down raining during much of the entire show.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

You can see when they do their acoustic set how they try to move their chairs back further out of the rain. Don makes a comment about electricity and water not going together. It looks to me like it rained pretty much the entire time.

At the end of the show as the band exits the stage, Don Felder slips and nearly falls on the wet stage. Glenn reaches out quickly and gives him a steadying hand. What a nice guy! (Good thing it was 1995 and not 2005! )

Stuck on the Border

As an Antipodean I can tell you that November 1995 on that night was unseasonally cold. It's almost summer in NZ and Australia. Fortunately when the band arrived in Australia the next week or so they did not encounter similar weather. The December 9 concert at the Sydney Cricket Ground which I attended was held in perfect conditions.

The audience are especially fun to watch during Ordinary Average Guy, a song nobody down here knew, when the band is trying to rev them up and they're just freezing cold.

Thanks for the info. I'm sure it seemed like a strange question - asking about the weather on a day over a decade ago, but my curiosity was piqued. I knew you Eagles experts would have an answer for me.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."