Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timothy B Schmit - January 29, 2017:The Rose-Pasadena, CA.

Default Re: Timothy B Schmit - January 29, 2017:The Rose-Pasadena, CA.

So cool!

Stuck on the Border Houston Baby's Avatar

Yes! I do love the bracelet! Such a cool idea!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Love the setlist although I'm a little surprised that it's dominated by Expando. However, the Leap of Faith songs are some of my favorites from the album. It seems like Expando may be Timothy's favorite of his solo albums and I must say I would have to agree with him.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

IABAD, I agree Expando is my favorite Timothy solo album as well. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him that most of the set was Expando and pretty much all of the Leap of Faith songs he played were my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Love the setlist although I'm a little surprised that it's dominated by Expando. However, the Leap of Faith songs are some of my favorites from the album. It seems like Expando may be Timothy's favorite of his solo albums and I must say I would have to agree with him.
    Or, maybe it's because the West Coast Tour was just a sampling of his work and not the normal album plugging tour we have all grown accustomed to following the release of new material.

Time will tell, but no matter what the set list, TBS needs to build in a bathroom break especially if he's going to continue working the dinner-circuit.

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Very nice bracelet, CL! Thanks for the pic!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Great bracelet!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

BobbyC hooking it up!

Some pixs!

This was John McFee's last show as he is set to re-join the Doobie Brothers post-haste according to TBS. The entire band was a delightful mix of musicians all of whom are characters in their own right; from mustache sporting BobbyC to TBS himself!

Review still to come. Still wiping star-dust out of my eyes! But for now I will say this about that:

The songs were insightful,
    And the show-so delightful!

RockAway Blind!

Stay Tuned!

CarolC
    Attached Images Attached Images

It had to have taken more than a "leap of faith" and "cold coffee and the radio" to slog-through the wettest winter in years here in not-so-sunny California just to "sing high and play low" for all "those faces" eagerly awaiting the next chapter in TBS's "Almost (Not) Famous" musical journey.

Closed freeways, mudslides, rivers-of-rain, tree-toppling Santa Anas; you name it-mother nature brought it this past January. So, "My Hat" off to TBS and Team-Timmie, Secular Praise, for weathering so many life altering experiences both on and off the road-as it were since they last toured Cali.

The Rose is a relatively new club that opened last year in a converted supermarket across from the Pasadena Civic Center located in Paseo Colorado, an outdoor shopping plaza in "The Shadow" of the snow-capped San Gabriels. Eddie Money, or the money man as he likes to call himself, Styxx, and Kenny Wayne Sheppard, are just a few artists that have graced the Rose's stage. Not too shabby, Huh!

I was able to skip dinner (Think the art of the deal.) but should have skipped the soda I did order. As mentioned in another post: There was no bathroom break. So ladies; plan accordingly. Believe me I did not want to listen to "I Can't Tell You Why" in a bathroom stall in Pasadena in the shadow of any mountain that's "for sure" [a favorite Hippie catch phrase from the early seventies].

So, like TBS let's get on with the show. It was a low-down hoedown from start to finish with multi-talented musicians employing various instruments from a pedal steel guitar to,wonders upon wonders, a bodiless (for want of a better expression) acoustical guitar. In short, We sought it and they brought it! Now for the opening act.

The opening act was a trio of mismatched singers, two of whom played acoustical guitars and may or may not have been married-not sure. Anyway, musically they were spot-on but they need to acquire some stage presence and I suggest they make a little eye contact with their audience once in awhile-something TBS obviously learned how to do at an early age. Folks-It's in the eyes!

I'm serious. I don't go to TBS shows for social commentary. I go for "the connect." Everyone on this board knows exactly what I'm talking about. For TBS-it's in his eyes. He genius at drawing you in with his guile-less glimpses and glances oftentimes punctuated with the flip of a guitar pick in your direction when he isn't placing it in your hands. Not complaining-Again that's why I go. And, yes I got both a pick and the set-list which pissed-off a few people next to me but it is what it is. I've been in their shoes too and my advice: Hang in there your turn will come. It's mostly about timing-nothing more and nothing less. In any event, the opening act had two things going for them: Their set was short and sweet and they were not J.D. and the Straight Shot. What more could you ask? And, the answer quite obviously is: Nothing. I'm good.

The set-list, posted above, was a representative sampling of all of his work since moving on from The New Breed. I have no idea if this set-list is set in stone or not. Time will tell when his tour resumes in April and may be dependent on whether or not he brings any "guest" artists along with him on his spring-fling. In any event, I'm fairly sure that thematically the message will be the same: It ain't over till it's over. Shrug it off and "Keep on Tryin'." And, my friends, while you're at it, try and have "A Good Day" because, as for me, I'm putting on "My Hat", strapping on my "Parachute" and heading down the nearest "Red Dirt Road" probably back in Hawaii.

And, lastly, don't count on him offering up "Peaceful Easy Feeling" as a homage to Glenn during the spring tour. He didn't say he wouldn't; just that he probably wouldn't but from the expression on his face, it seemed pretty apparent that the best way to show respect-move on and carry-on, to quote Kansas, "rise above....don't you cry...carry on....there will be peace!"

Amen! TimmieB-Rock Away Blind!

Stay Tuned!
    CarolC