Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Timothy In The UK 2017

Default Re: Timothy In The UK 2017

Unbelievable! TBS comes to the UK when I'm in Ireland. Missed it all. Can't work this out - did he play gigs?

Incidentally yesterday I was in Poundland in my local town, Sidcup, and I heard a gentle voice that I recognised. They were playing a song from the new album: Goodbye My Love. Way different to what you usually hear in there - the sort of music that makes you get in and out as soon as possible.

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I was hoping too for some UK dates since they can often spill over into Ireland as well. I'd go to the UK to see Timothy.

Why didn't you tell me you were coming over here SS! Could have met up if your schedule suited,
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    I was hoping too for some UK dates since they can often spill over into Ireland as well. I'd go to the UK to see Timothy.

Why didn't you tell me you were coming over here SS! Could have met up if your schedule suited,
    Hi - I didn't realise you were from Ireland. This was my 2nd trip as I liked it so much the 1st time so may go again. Started in N.I. a little village called Cushendall, then went back to Redcross in Wicklow. Are you near either?

SS
    xx
    http://secretsquirrelshorts.blogspot...-homeland.html

On tonight's Vintage TV Friday Night Rock show, Timothy did a short but good interview. It was recorded of course before the news of the Classic shows broke.
    Timothy said that without Don and Glenn together there is no Eagles. Things have changed of course and I'm pleased they have.
    Timothy sung My Hat on his own. Still watching the show so will post more later.

Timothy finished with Red Dirt Road, just him and guitar.
    Last edited by Philh; 04-21-2017 at 06:06 PM.

Banned

I bloody missed it!

Thankfully it's repeated on Sunday night. So I'll put my organised head on and catch it then.

Personally I don't think a solo version of My Hat is a good advert for Tim's Leap Of Faith album.

Thanks Philh.

Stuck on the Border

I just watched the interview part (if I get time, I'll try to transcribe tomorrow). In content, it was pretty similar to the other interviews he gave during his visit to London in February. I'm convinced he knew nothing about the Classic events and believed the Eagles were done.

Tomorrow on Vintage TV at 22:30 Timothy is interviewed in an hour long programme called Needle Time. This was recorded around the same time as the Rock Show so the Classic shows were still unknown at the time.

Stuck on the Border

If you notice Needle Time being scheduled again, please post. I had my Sky box freeze in the middle of recording it.

ETA: Answering my own question, it will be shown again at 10pm on Sunday 30th April.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 04-25-2017 at 07:14 PM.

See my Twitter feed @philholbrook1 for a link to the full episode of Needle Time as it wouldn't copy here.