Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timothy In The UK 2017

Out on the Border

Default Re: Timothy In The UK 2017

Okay -- I'm an idiot. How do you access the link for today's Loose Ends video?
    I get to the episode page and there is is message that it is not available.

Eowyn, I can't get it to work either I think that we'll be able to watch it in a few days.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I expect Timothy's loyalist fans to excuse is behavior but I was quite saddened to see this clip. Thanks for posting it, Timothyswife.

It's important to publicly appreciate your fans.
    I get a sense from prior videos and interviews that Timothy reacts well when he's being a private person and someone politely approaches him. He also reacts well when he's being an Eagle/Solo Artist and he has a media engagement or knows fans or reporters are waiting for him. He seems to be thrown off, however, when he is acting in his professional capacity and is confronted with media that he hadn't planned for, as well as fans when he's in a rush. We have Borderers who have met him outside of a venue and he won't stop to take pics or sign things...he's not rude, he just keeps moving. We have also heard time and time again how sweet and generous he can be with fans. He definitely gets annoyed/uncomfortable in some situations, though - you can see it. I have no problem with that. He may very well have met with those fans after his interview. It really is unfair to expect someone to stop and sign things when he has a live on air appointment. You ask when he's done.

Stuck on the Border

Here's a link for the Michael Ball show. Tim appears about 1 hour 24 min in, after "Reelin' in the Years". (Unfortunately my husband came in and started talking just about that time when I trying to listen live, so I I haven't heard much of it, yet).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08cpyhd

Michael Ball says he's a fan of the Eagles. Earlier in the show he read out a mail from a TBS fan (possibly around an hour in), so if you wrote about the wonder of hearing his harmonies live, Expando and importing Leap of Faith, it could be you.

ETA: He sang "Red Brick Road" and "Peaceful Easy Feeling" and sounded good with both. There was also a few minutes chat that covered the basics but wasn't all about the Eagles. I'd have liked more, but Michael Ball turned out to be well-informed and a decent interviewer. I think Timothy said they were just starting to have talks about playin in the UK.
    Last edited by UndertheWire; 02-05-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for posting the link to the interview, UTW. I have to say that I got a kick out of this when Timothy remarked after Red Dirt Road "You should hear it when it's played right". I was thinking during the song that I liked his scaled down acoustic version better because it doesn't have the countrified music, especially the fiddle. Anyway, it was a really interesting interview and I hope Tim does do some UK shows. Of course, I loved his tribute to Glenn and he does a lovely version of Peaceful Easy Feeling.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Banned

I agree with you, Ive always been a dreamer. I prefer Tim's solo version of Red Dirt Road to his album version.
    It's a wonderful version of Peaceful Easy Feeling too. I guess the high notes at the end are what he would sing on the Eagles version. Tim's vocals are really in fine shape.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04ryyh5

I'm been searching for further UK broadcasts from Tim but as yet, I haven't found any. I'm still hopeful....

Timothy is recording another TV show today in London.
    It's another one for Vintage TV called "Needle Time"
    Will find out when it will be broadcast.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Thanks Underwire for the link. Thanks also for saying that the segment came just after Reelin' in the Years. Made it easier to find - and I got to listen to a section of the song too

Timothy's interview with Ricky Ross will air on Feb 28Th at 21:00 GMT
    Ricky's show is called 'Another Country' on BBC Radio Scotland

Thanks for the info, Philh!

Regarding the video where he ignores those requesting autographs.... I've been both: the fan he passes by and the fan he's been generous to. I didn't change; the circumstances did.

It really is all a matter of catching him at the right time and in the right environment. If there's a lot of people rushing him, as a rule, he's not going to stop; he's not comfortable with that scenario. It has nothing to do with a lack of fan appreciation.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten