Thread: Television actor Richard Hatch, R.I.P.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Default Television actor Richard Hatch, R.I.P.

Sad and stunned to hear of the death of Richard Hatch from pancreatic cancer at age 71. Mr. Hatch was a handsome and popular actor who started out in soap operas then appeared on many television shows and movies in the 1970s and 80s, including "Battlestar Galactica" and "Dead Man's Curve," in the latter he played singer Jan Berry of Jan & Dean.

He was a sensitive, thoughtful man who led acting seminars later in his career.

Default Re: Television actor Richard Hatch, R.I.P.

I remember seeing him in various tv shows during the 70s. I even have vague memories of watching him on"All My Children" (there's a blast from the past). He was quite handsome.

RIP Mr. Hatch

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Border Troubadour

I was so sorry to read about the death of Richard Hatch. My schoolfriend had a major crush on him. I'm currently watching reruns of The Streets of San Francisco and he took over from Michael Douglas in it. He was also the original Apollo in Battlestar Galactica where his sister was played by Maren Jensen......small world.

R.I.P. Richard
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I wish Netflix had the later seasons of "Streets" available; I'd like to see Mr. Hatch on that show.

Which reminds me, I need to find that episode of "Streets" where Rick Nelson plays a brutal pimp. He was such a seemingly nice guy, can't picture him in that role at all!