Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Backup Band and Additional Musicians

Default Re: Backup Band and Additional Musicians

Joe said in in interview that getting Steuart was a big plus..He's so good, writes and produces. When making the LROE Joe said that Steuart played most all the guitar parts. Joe just played his songs and played mostly piano, keyboard and organ on the album.
    Steuart is one of the few players you can still see using a thumb pick.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for the link, Scamp. Steuart is a very talented guy for sure.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Will was inducted into the Rochester Music Hall of Fame this past weekend and he had a surprised special guest, his boss Don Henley.

There was also a video montage from Michael/Scott/Steuart, Joe, Timothy, Vince, and Deacon congratulating Will.

Rochester Music Hall of Fame inducts 10th class; Don Henley surprises crowd | WHAM (13wham.com)

Here's Don and Will's speech. I found the video of the guys congratulating him.
    Facebook (Don and Will's speech)
    (4) Facebook (Video montage of the guys congratulating Will and the house band playing and singing Life In The Fast Lane with Will on keys. They also do another song).
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 05-02-2023 at 12:32 PM.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for finding this, shun. And ...

CONGRATS TO WILL HOLLIS ON HIS INDUCTION TO THE ROCHESTER MUSIC HALL OF FAME!!!

Very much deserved.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Very cool! I lived in Rochester for a few years and worked across the street from the Eastman Theater, why didn't this happen when I was there??!!

Congratulations Will Hollis!

Happy 60th Birthday to the longest member of the back up band, Scotty!! I met him once in 2017 after the Don’s solo show in Austin. A nice guy who took the time to talk to us. Him and Michael.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley