Quote Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
I have a question about Stuart. Has anybody heard him sing? I've looked for YouTube with him singing, even backup, and can't find anything. expect guitar of course. He's played with so many others but just no singing. Just wondering what he sounds like and where he fits in the Eagles harmony. I noticed in the Forum Concert he didn't sing as much. Usually he sings on most all the songs, in fact Joe seemed to sing more than Stuart.
I love him and him and Joe on the talk box in "Those Shoes" I wish Joe would take Stuart on tour with him they look like they really like playing together. Joe really likes having another player to bounce off of. They complement each other so well.

I going to take some flack for this but I think Stuart is just as good if not better than Don. While Don is a great guitar player, he songs he writes seemed to involve guitar solos as the primary and singing as the secondary. Stuart, like Joe, is a musician who plays guitar. He understands how a band works and everybody has different part to play in the band.
I have theorized that Steuart may have contributed vocals on the Long Road of Eden album. Given how much he was singing on stage, it would make sense to use him as back up on the album; why not? But it’s just a theory, I can’t say I can make out that it’s actually his voice I’m hearing on some of the songs, like “Waiting in the Weeds.”

I don’t think he sang as much in the Forum show b/c the addition of Vince made it unnecessary, plus Deacon tends to harmonize with Vince, adding another layer of strong vocals.

As far as being better than Don, better at what? Steuart can certainly play and has made some nice contributions to their last album, but I don’t believe he’s written anything as iconic as “Hotel California” or the bassline to “One of These Nights.” Being a team player is great, but that’s generally not the main way hit records are made.