Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Duo Album - Who and Why?

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Duo Album - Who and Why?

This post is inspired by the forthcoming Buckingham McVie album.

If there was to be an ex-Eagles duo album (Walsh Felder, Henley Schmit, etc.), who would be the most likely two ex-members to pair up, and why?

I would guess 'Walsh Schmit' as they're both very active in music, seem to like guesting with others, and I think Don H is less likely to want to pair up as it would be too close to Eagles. Don F is still a bit out in the cold. Bernie is a possibility, but he hasn't worked with the others as much over the last decade.

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Duo Album - Who and Why?

I could see them providing back-up vocals or doing guest slots on a few songs rather than a full scale duo album.
    A Schmit-Leadon combination might work.

Mesiner and Schmit.

I know that Randy has had major health issues within the past few years. I think he can probably Write/Play on the Record and Tim can sing. Maybe it could be a healing thing for Randy.

That's a long shot though unfortunately

Banned

I can't see any of the surviving Eagles releasing an album as a duo, unless Bernie reunites with Michael Georgiades. If two got together, I'm sure they'd ask one or two others to contribute too.

Then again, I see Mick Fleetwood and John McVie are also on the Buckingham McVie album

I'm still a big enough Eagles fan to take them in any combination, as long as Felder isn't lead vocalist.

I say bring back the magic.

Felder-Walsh. I can see a return to their bluesy rockin' roots. They can both write and crank out some cool guitar solos as well as provide an...interesting vocal combination. And yes, let Don sing a lead or two. Why not? This could be a chance to show what he can do on a new rendition of "Victim of Love." It would be the most marketable duo other than Henley-Walsh.

Probably an even longer shot than Meisner-Schmit, though.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

I like Felder-Walsh and LOVE MeiSchmit*. What about Bernie though, are you guys gonna leave him out in the cold?

*alternate names: The Cute Ones or The Betas (since the other guys in the band were supposedly alpha males and the sweet, peace-loving bassists didn't fit that mold)

Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    I like Felder-Walsh and LOVE MeiSchmit*. What about Bernie though, are you guys gonna leave him out in the cold?

*alternate names: The Cute Ones
    I think its perfect

Stuck on the Border

I wouldn't mind seeing a Henley-Walsh album. I'm talking about realistic possibilities.

I will take any duo. My favorite would be Schmit and Walsh but I think Henley and Walsh would be the most dynamic.

Stuck on the Border

I know Joe has said that maybe he and Henley could play som shows (very tentative) along the lines that they could each do their own stuff and come together for some Eagles music. However, when it comes to the practicalities of which order they would play, I see problems. Henley is the bigger name and more successful artist, so he wouldn't want to be the opener but following Joe would be quite hard for him and the audience as Joe's solo work is higher energy. Perhaps the kind of arrangement that Glenn and Joe had in their Party of Two tours would work - almost alternating songs - but that would require a single band.

I think it would be more interesting if they formed duos with other well-known artists.