Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

Oh, I am definitely enjoying them Delilah!! I am just totally fascinated with everything from Mr. Randy Meisner.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Thank you, sweet ladies. I'm actually very shy, but I guess Randy is powerful motivation who draws me out of my shell

I'd also like to correct something I posted earlier. The Dime a Dozen site doesn't make you download torrents you're not interested in and doesn't make you review things before you can download. I misunderstood.
    There's a learning curve, if like me you don't know about this stuff, but it's worth it. The Randy concert is really something special.

Funk50 is probably getting tired of us thanking him, so I will just say: dude, you're alright with me.

Thanks again Funk50 for bringing this concert to our attention!!

Out on the Border

Hi,

I'm new to this bulletin board. My name is Donny Ullstrom and I recorded with Randy on his first solo album in January of 1978. I also toured with his band the following summer in support of that album. I see that there are links to one of our shows in August at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach.
    Thank you to whoever posted those links. I was actually not aware that anyone was recording audio that night.
    I have a treat for everyone ! I have a recording of the monitor mix from our last show with Randy. I believe it was Sept. 6th or 8th 1978 at the Universal Amphitheatre when it was still an open air venue. We opened for Bob Welch . Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood were there to support him.
    I'm in the process of getting that recording into my computer. Would you like me to upload that file to this bulletin board ?

Donny

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by rockitboy View Post
    Hi,

I'm new to this bulletin board. My name is Donny Ullstrom and I recorded with Randy on his first solo album in January of 1978. I also toured with his band the following summer in support of that album. I see that there are links to one of our shows in August at the Golden Bear in Huntington Beach.
    Thank you to whoever posted those links. I was actually not aware that anyone was recording audio that night.
    I have a treat for everyone ! I have a recording of the monitor mix from our last show with Randy. I believe it was Sept. 6th or 8th 1978 at the Universal Amphitheatre when it was still an open air venue. We opened for Bob Welch . Christine McVie and Mick Fleetwood were there to support him.
    I'm in the process of getting that recording into my computer. Would you like me to upload that file to this bulletin board ?

Donny
    ABSOLUTELY, YES!!!!!

Hi Donny...I remember seeing your name in the credits when I first bought Randy's debut album on vinyl back in the late 70s.

Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar

Oh my gosh!! That would be so wonderful.

Mr. Ullstrom, I love your singing on "Best of My Love" - it's so much fun. I've listened to it over and over.

I sent you a PM on Facebook of the track, in mp3 format.

This is so exciting! Welcome, Donny

Out on the Border

I will figure out how to do that as soon as I get it into my computer.

This is a great Bulletin Board ! Brings back so many good memories.

And thank you for the compliment. Best Of My Love was such a great song.

Randy wanted me to introduce it every night since I was singing it, and I would always say, "We're going to do a song now by some friends of ours. It's one called Best Of My Love." Naturally, everyone would think we were going to play the Eagles, Best Of My Love. Then we would start into this song and surprise everyone. I think you can hear me say "Fooled Ya".

Mr. Ullstrom, I agree with everyone else-that would be awesome!! Love the rendition and I got a big kick out of "fooled ya". I would love to hear more from you too.

Quote Originally Posted by rockitboy View Post
    Hi,

Donny
    Hello, Donny/rockitboy, and welcome to the board! It's terrific that someone who actually performed with Randy is posting here. I have listened to the Golden Bear concert and even with a cassette tape recording, I can hear how tight the band sounded. I imagine you all practiced a lot. And your performance on "Best of My Love" is awesome (granted, I thought it was Randy at first ).

Hearing a recording from the last show would be more than a treat; it would be an absolute gift. There's so little in the way of live recordings from Randy's solo career. Thank you so much for offering...and I will try not to bombard you with a million questions, lol.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Wow! Welcome to the Border, rockitboy/Donny! How fantastic that you found us and actually posted!

I will listen asap! At work and supposed to be busy () at the moment!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten