Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 103

Thread: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

  1. #61
    Stuck on the Border Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Long road south out of Cass County
    Posts
    3,326

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Hi, rockitboy, your sharing is much appreciated. I'm surprised that many dates were cancelled by Randy. I can't help but wonder if he was apprehensive about going out on the road as a solo act. But that's just speculation on my part. I think it took a lot of guts to leave a highly successful band like the Eagles to go out on his own.

    I'd like to ask about something I read on the nebrocks website. It says that you played on several of Randy's solo albums. Is that true (other than the debut)? I know sometimes musicians play but don't get credited. There's some conflicting info on Randy's album wiki pages I'd like to clear up.

    BTW, there is a Drivin' Dynamics thread on this Randy forum. Please feel free to contribute to it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to learn more about Randy's first band.

    Edit: Your input is welcome on any of the threads!
    Last edited by Delilah; 03-02-2017 at 05:45 PM.


  2. #62
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Hi, rockitboy, your sharing is much appreciated. I'm surprised that many dates were cancelled by Randy. I can't help but wonder if he was apprehensive about going out on the road as a solo act. But that's just speculation on my part. I think it took a lot of guts to leave a highly successful band like the Eagles to go out on his own.

    I'd like to ask about something I read on the nebrocks website. It says that you played on several of Randy's solo albums. Is that true (other than the debut)? I know sometimes musicians play but don't get credited. There's some conflicting info on Randy's album wiki pages I'd like to clear up.

    BTW, there is a Drivin' Dynamics thread on this Randy forum. Please feel free to contribute whatever you'd like to it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to learn more about Randy's first band.
    I think you might be right about Randy being apprehensive. He would have to have known how critical some can be. He's kind of like me in the sense that he wanted to be the bass player that nobody pays attention to, and let Don & Glenn do the front man duties. I have a T shirt that says, "You would notice if I quit playing ". It's true that most people don't notice the bass player but in Randy's case, when you can sing like that, you're going to get noticed !
    I thought Randy did a great job of being the leader of the Randy Meisner band.

    Actually, I was only on his debut album. After that faded, he had a new band, I think called the Silverados. I went back to Nebraska and started my own band with my wife. We played together for 42 years. We just played our last job last New Years. Our drummer quit to move to Nashville and take a shot at the big time. We are getting older and decided that we had started over enough times, so we decided to retire.

  3. #63
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitboy View Post
    I thought Randy did a great job of being the leader of the Randy Meisner band.
    He sure did. And kudos to you and your wife for slugging it out for 42 years!

  4. #64
    Stuck on the Border Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Long road south out of Cass County
    Posts
    3,326

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    He sure did. And kudos to you and your wife for slugging it out for 42 years!
    Ditto!!


  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitboy View Post
    Actually, I was only on his debut album. After that faded, he had a new band, I think called the Silverados. I went back to Nebraska and started my own band with my wife. We played together for 42 years. We just played our last job last New Years. Our drummer quit to move to Nashville and take a shot at the big time. We are getting older and decided that we had started over enough times, so we decided to retire.
    So a forty year anniversary reunion of The Randy Meisner Band is out of the question then

  6. #66
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitboy View Post
    My wife and I flew with the Eagles on their party plane, to a concert in Oakland in August of 1976.
    It was a lot of fun ! At the time, Henley was dating Stevie Nicks so she was on the plane too. I believe the show was Loggins & Messina, then Linda Rondstat and the Eagles were of course the headliners. I have a Super8 video of the day. I get it out every once in a while just to re-live that experience.
    Oh man! That would be so cool to see.

    Mr. Ullstrom, have you seen the press kit for the 1978 album? Randy says something really sweet about you: "Donny Ullstrom and I go all the way back to high school. He was still playing in the same band until I asked him to come out and join me - he's too good a singer to stay in Nebraska."

  7. #67
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    So a forty year anniversary reunion of The Randy Meisner Band is out of the question then

    Hi Funk 50,

    You know that would be great if we could pull it off.
    I know Kerry still plays. He lives in Florida. Kelly is
    still playing in L.A. Not sure where the rest of the band is though.
    I would love for that to happen !

  8. #68
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by NightMistBlue View Post
    Oh man! That would be so cool to see.

    Mr. Ullstrom, have you seen the press kit for the 1978 album? Randy says something really sweet about you: "Donny Ullstrom and I go all the way back to high school. He was still playing in the same band until I asked him to come out and join me - he's too good a singer to stay in Nebraska."
    Hi Night Mist,

    No, I have not seen the press kit for that album. Actually, I
    didn't even know there was one. Is it somewhere on this bulletin board
    that I could look at ? That would be great ! Thanx for letting me know about this.

    Donny

  9. #69
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Fort Collins, Colorado
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    Quote Originally Posted by rockitboy View Post
    Hi Night Mist,

    No, I have not seen the press kit for that album. Actually, I
    didn't even know there was one. Is it somewhere on this bulletin board
    that I could look at ? That would be great ! Thanx for letting me know about this.

    Donny
    And please, call me Donny. We don't need to be so formal.
    Mr. Ullstrom was my Dad !

  10. #70
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: 1978 live concert at Huntington Beach

    OK, Donny! Thank you

    I bought the press kit on Ebay. I could make copies of it and ... there shouldn't be a problem with posting it here. Other people may enjoy it too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •