Thread: Rolling Stone Review/Fast Company

Default Rolling Stone Review/Fast Company

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before, but did anyone else read the Rolling Stone review of LROOE http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/...ad_out_of_eden and notice this glaring mistake:

"In 'Fast Company,' Frey affects a Prince-like falsetto over a chilled-funk stroll, playing an old-timer who can't even remember the action he used to get."

Uh, I'm no music critic, but I can certainly tell a Henley falsetto from a Frey falsetto! Good grief...no wonder the Eagles never liked Rolling Stone. If they're not getting bad reviews, they're getting good reviews with bad information! And that was written by a senior editor! I guess there was no one more senior than him to edit his article.
    "You don't have to prove nothin' to nobody, just take good care of yourself."

Makes you wonder exactly how old this "senior" editor was? As Don has remarked in several interviews lately, some of the reporters who are interviewing them lately are veeeeery young, and really unfamiliar with the Eagles.

I can think of one experienced writer who is VERY familiar with the Eagles who would LOVE a chance to interview them.......and this writer would never, NEVER mistake Don for Glenn!

Yeah, that's a pretty glaring error!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by DonFan
    Makes you wonder exactly how old this "senior" editor was? As Don has remarked in several interviews lately, some of the reporters who are interviewing them lately are veeeeery young, and really unfamiliar with the Eagles.

I can think of one experienced writer who is VERY familiar with the Eagles who would LOVE a chance to interview them.......and this writer would never, NEVER mistake Don for Glenn!
    I'm sure SHE wouldn't, would SHE! And I'd say her info would be spot on she has such a good knowledge and understanding of her subject matter. I really hope some day she gets her chance!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter
    Quote Originally Posted by DonFan

I'm sure SHE wouldn't, would SHE! And I'd say her info would be spot on she has such a good knowledge and understanding of her subject matter. I really hope some day she gets her chance!
    I cast my vote for you, too, DonFan! I know you would do a fabulous job!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Thanks, guys!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You're welcome! And I really hope you do get the chance some day. It would be well worth reading. A good journalist does her research in my book, and you've certainly done yours!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

David Fricke has been around forever. He isn't a 'newbie' at Rolling Stone. He should have known better.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I vote for DonFan to get an interview with the band as well. Of course, this is on the condition that she take along her able assistant, dreamer!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016