Thread: Sun Records on CMT

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Default Sun Records on CMT

Wasn't sure where to post this but CMT is debuting a new TV series tonight at 10 pm called "Sun Records" about the history of the studio. It is an actual show, not a documentary, based off the musical "Million Dollar Quartet", and some of the main characters are Sun Records founder Sam Phillips, Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, Carl Perkins, Ike Turner, and many more will be featured as well as it goes into each one's stories and the 50s goes on. I think the first season has 10 episodes but it's gotten really good reviews and I'm looking forward to checking it out tonight.

ETA: B.B. King is a character in next week's episode.
    Last edited by buffyfan145; 02-23-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Default Re: Sun Records on CMT

I'd love to see this we don't have CMT anymore.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

Hopefully it'll be on one of the steaming services and DVD soon. I really liked the first episode!!! Nice job mixing each character's backstories and knowing they will all eventually come together. The first episode focused mostly on Sam and his family moving to Memphis and starting the studio with Marion Keisker (who Sam ends up having an affair with), Elvis being a charming and rebellious teenager, and Johnny deciding to leave home and join the Air Force with the issues with his father after his brother's death. So far the only actors I know are Chad Michael Murray as Sam, Billy Gardell as Col. Tom Parker, and Trevor Donovan as Eddy Arnold. But I'm so impressed with the newcomers Drake Milligan as Elvis and Kevin Fonteyne as Johnny. Drake looks & sounds like Elvis and has actually played him before, and Kevin's been in other shows/movies and weirdly looks a lot like Andrew Garfield and I like his Johnny so far.

Next week's episode introduces Jerry and his cousin Jimmy Swaggart, as well as B.B. King being involved. The show is also going to be 8 episodes total for season one, unlike the 10 I was thinking, and it'll be interesting to see when all these characters come together.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I'm going to watch it too, sounded interesting. I had to watch The Black List last night, but recorded it to watch sometime soon!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

I have the DVR set to record the whole series. I have not watched it yet but hope to over the weekend. The previews all look good. Can't wait to see it.