Thread: Houston 1976 or Seattle 1976 bootleg DVD

Default Houston 1976 or Seattle 1976 bootleg DVD

I've been considering getting one of the bootleg concert dvds, but my funds are limited to spend on this, so I can't get as much as I would like. Which is a better quality video and a better concert- Houston 1976 or Seattle 1976? I have the 1995 Christchurch DVD, which is great.

Banned

Default Re: Houston 1976 or Seattle 1976 bootleg DVD

The problem with bootlegs is that you really can't rely on the quality. Even the same show can appear in varying quality. I always try to dissuade fans from buying bootlegs. You don't have to dig too deep on the internet to find free downloads of all the relevant Eagles bootlegs.

I notice that the current big Eagles news story, care of the Vintage Vinyl News website, flags up an Eagles bootleg CD.
    http://www.vintagevinylnews.com/2017...orm-again.html

Eagles: The Second Night Unplugged is an extraordinarily good bootleg CD but it's a surprising choice over Hotel California or Their Greatest Hits, which are two of the top selling rock albums of all time.

I couldn't choose a favourite from the two 1976 shows you mention, groupie2686. They're both worth a view but it's so long since I've watched either, I'd have difficulty telling them apart from memory. I suppose it'd be down to which set list you find most attractive.

Border Desperado

The Second Night Unplugged is amazing. I wish they'd clean it up and release that at some point as an official album, or part of an anniversary release of HFO. We're only 2 years away from the 25th Anniversary of HFO!!!

Banned

I listen to the Second Night Unplugged more than the official HFO release. Even the unpolished bootleg version sounds better than most official live albums by lesser artists. Help Me Through The Night, Lovers Moon, One Of These Nights plus the live versions of The Girl From Yesterday and Learn To Be Still are the most appealing tracks for me. The stereo intro to Life In The Fast Lane is rousing too.

Not a fan of the unplugged Hotel California though

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I listen to the Second Night Unplugged more than the official HFO release. Even the unpolished bootleg version sounds better than most official live albums by lesser artists. Help Me Through The Night, Lovers Moon, One Of These Nights plus the live versions of The Girl From Yesterday and Learn To Be Still are the most appealing tracks for me. The stereo intro to Life In The Fast Lane is rousing too.

Not a fan of the unplugged Hotel California though
    Is this worth getting? I've been considering it, but I have limited funds available for this kind of thing.

Border Desperado

It's amazing. Peaceful Easy Feeling is another just outstanding song on there. And yeah, Lover's Moon is one of the highlights....not to mention Heartache Tonight, and One of These Nights

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    Is this worth getting? I've been considering it, but I have limited funds available for this kind of thing.
    "limited funds" groupie2686! You're supporting the wrong band

http://www.guitars101.com/forums/f14...ac-127275.html

It's worth it for Peaceful Easy Feeling alone

You can download it as a single mp3 file at sugarmegs. Sorry I can't post a more precise link but it's definitely there. Just put Eagles in the search box and then scroll down to Eagles1994-04-28MTVUnpluggedRecordingSessions. It looks like they have all the other bootlegs too, plus the 2000 Fred Welecki benefit that Meisner and Henley performed at (separately)

http://tela.sugarmegs.org/

Seeing that almighty list of concerts, I can't help noticing the unmentioned Eagles barren period between 1996 and 2001. Just the 3 millennium shows in almost 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I've been considering getting one of the bootleg concert dvds, but my funds are limited to spend on this, so I can't get as much as I would like. Which is a better quality video and a better concert- Houston 1976 or Seattle 1976? I have the 1995 Christchurch DVD, which is great.
    One thing the '76 Seattle concert has that the Houston one does not is precious rare footage of "Seven Bridges Road" performed with Randy in the line-up. Drawback is the audio quality isn't great.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    "limited funds" groupie2686! You're supporting the wrong band
    haha, right?? I became an Eagles fan rather late in the game, so I'm trying to catch up on these things. As much as I'd love to spend a good chunk of my paycheck on Eagles-related things, bills have to be paid

Thanks for the link, Funk 50, and for the suggestions, everyone!

Both are great.