Page 112 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhoney View Post
    By the way, I think I need to apologize for putting the "Paul McCartney" quote on the wrong thread....eek!!!!...Sorry folks!!!!
    No problem! It was more of my responses to it that upset some over there than your original quote you posted. It got to be admittedly pretty negative and those on that thread want to celebrate or discuss the Classic shows in a more positive light, and I don't blame them for wanting to keep it that way as this thread is more for those of us who don't see it that way. Dreamer moved everything here.

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread or if it's been posted before but I found an interesting YouTube video. It discusses how and why Vince Gill joined with the Eagles for the current two-city tour, and how he may be touring with the band later.

Interesting.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFOyE4D9n_U

Default Re: Why I no longer am happy with my favorite band

I think this guy and his video articulates most of how I feel, and how many others do as well. It focuses on bringing Felder back into the group, but he also discusses (toward the end) bringing back Leadon and Meisner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCpxESvlEA0

I think he was also fairly even handed in his viewpoint.

Does anyone else really object to his suggestion/s, and if so why?
    `

Banned

Eagles don't need Felder. He's more trouble than he's worth. That's why he was sacked in 2001. There's no evidence to suggest that he'd be any different if they re-engaged with him. Both sides seem to be happy with the separation.

Asking Bernie and Randy to take part in the HOTE tour and allowing Vince Gill on to the mother ship suggests that, after spending the 70s molding themselves into a credible rock band the band are now moving in the reverse direction, back to being a laid back country pop band.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Vector View Post
    I think this guy and his video articulates most of how I feel, and how many others do as well. It focuses on bringing Felder back into the group, but he also discusses (toward the end) bringing back Leadon and Meisner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCpxESvlEA0

I think he was also fairly even handed in his viewpoint.

Does anyone else really object to his suggestion/s, and if so why?
    It's ironic how "Dave" starts with "It's time - Don Henley - to put the past behind you".

It's time that some fans put the past to rest and let Don Henley live and perform the way he wants. As fans, your choice is whether to see the latest incarnation of the band or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    Eagles don't need Felder. He's more trouble than he's worth. That's why he was sacked in 2001. There's no evidence to suggest that he'd be any different if they re-engaged with him. Both sides seem to be happy with the separation.

Asking Bernie and Randy to take part in the HOTE tour and allowing Vince Gill on to the mother ship suggests that, after spending the 70s molding themselves into a credible rock band the band are now moving in the reverse direction, back to being a laid back country pop band.
    Felder made the band more rock and roll. They do need him, if rock and roll is what they want. I know Joe is a bonafide R-n-R'er but that is based primarily on his own solo/James Gang material. I don't agree that asking Randy to be part of the HOTE tour means they were moving in a reverse direction.

I'm one of those who wishes the band let bygones be bygones and I would love to see Don F re-join the group. But I understand why that won't happen. After all, I wasn't the one who got sued.

Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88
    I thank Dreamer again for moving the Beatles comparison comments over here so those who wish to view East and West in a positive light can continue to do so.
    No problem Austin - always glad to help.

And UTW - I couldn't agree more that after 17 years, the bring back Felder thing is more than tiresome. As disappointed as I am with the Eagles 3.0, and will probably never think it was the right decision, I am confident I can 'get over it' with the passage of time. I truly hope I'm not still stewing over it in 2020.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Amen to that Dreamer.

So the first of the two shows is almost here.

Me personally, I probably won't even watch any video from it. It's just too sickening for me to think of. I wish them luck, but I personally want to be as far away from the news of these shows as possible so I'll likely stay out of the other thread after the show but will probably check back into this thread afterwards.

I'm going to be watching HOTE this weekend and maybe F1 and HFO or one of the bootlegs, how I like to remember the band. I think it will be fun for me.

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I like your idea of watching some old DVDs, Austin. I may do the same thing if I have some down time this weekend.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016