Page 91 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I was not surprised that Vince was the other person.

Vince has sung with Don, Timothy and Joe and IMO has blended very well with them. Vince can blend well with anybody. Everybody in country music always wants Vince to sing or play on their record. Vince is one of the best guitarist in country music. Vince can sing low. So unless he's going to sing high along with Timothy(which he probably will), he might have to drop his range a little. They might have Vince sing Glenn's country rock songs and Deacon singing the other songs.

I don't know how the guitar leads will go because Vince do majority of his guitar solos in concert. He only do a few songs where he plays the acoustic guitar. I think Vince will fit very well. I think Vince will surprise us.

As for Steuart. Steuart will probably be there like always as part of the backup band. I would be very surprised if he wasn't, but I think he will be there. Its basically going to be 4 guitarist on stage(if Steuart will be there which he probably will). Also we never heard Steuart sing a lead before which is interesting. He just sing backup.

As for broadcasting the concert. I think Irving would be stupid to not do it.

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Here he is doing an Eagles song - he sings pretty high typically:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Glcce9qK0To[/ame]

He has had a lot of country hits. I enjoy country on occasion like a good Texan, but somehow I can't name any songs by him. So, I went over to Wikipedia to see if I recognized any titles, and I remember hearing this one often at the Dixie Chicken while I was at Texas A&M:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaT5wWyjd2A[/ame]

I didn't recognize any others from the titles, at least. Maybe if I heard them....

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower View Post
    Vince Gill Very professional. Excellent guitarist. I just don't see where his voice will fit in the mix even though he is known for harmonizing. They have Timothy for the high tenor parts. I know I wouldn't be happy with anyone they chose. Adding him just makes the act a "whole 'nother can of corn" as the saying goes; one that many will not care for.

I don't care for the whole idea of this (continuing), but for Deacon's sake, I hope these shows go well. I wish him great things in the future. He looked very happy (and good) in the photo!
    Although I really like Vince Gill, I agree with this, FF. To me Vince's voice is more like Timothy's. After all, Vince sang I Can't Tell You Why on Common Thread.

I'm glad Glenn's family is on board with this, but I still don't agree with it.

Book em' Irv.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Well at least the ticket prices are coming down and fans now have the option of buying a one day pass.
    That should have been allowed from the start. I suppose irving had this idea that it would all sell out immediately no matter what he charged.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border buffyfan145's Avatar

I love Vince Gill and been a fan of his my whole life. His dad actually lived here in Columbus in my grandparent's old neighborhood till when he passed. I love Vince's songs and I've seen him twice in concert. His voice will be perfect for the slower songs Glenn sang, while Deacon takes more of the faster ones. Vince also has said multiple times that he styled his own guitar playing after Glenn, and he and Glenn became close friends. I think that's a great idea to spilt up Glenn's vocals and I too think this means they will be continuing on after these shows. If Vince can't stay then maybe they'll have a rotating member, but I think for awhile Deacon and Vince are members of the band now.
    ~*Amanda*~
    "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

While the price change/day pass will probably entice people who otherwise wouldn't have come, the change in prices and the one-day pass aspect isn't getting a lot of press. Most people who have already written this off aren't coming back constantly to see if prices have dropped, or if a one day pass is now available.

Nowadays, most people read headlines and little else. Sad but true. The change in pricing and the one-day pass aspect is buried at the bottom of the Vince Gill announcement. It will be seen by some, but not most. As for the Mac fans that don't give a hoot about the "new Eagles" and probably won't even click on this - well, they won't even hear about the new day pass option.

Am I missing something? Has the pricing change received press elsewhere and I've just not seen it?

As for the addition of Vince Gill... well, certainly, that will entice his fans to come. I don't think the casual Eagles fan will jump up and run to see Classic Rock East/West just to have the privilege of seeing Vince's first show with the Eagles, though.

What do you guys think? Will Vince Gill as a member really up the numbers?

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

What happend to Smith, is he still in the lineup?

Steuart will probably be there as part of the backup band. I just don't see them not including Steuart and even Will, Scott, and Michael. Since Steuart is technically not an Eagle, I don't see Don announcing Steuart to be there.

That's going to be a lot of guitarist on the stage, but than again. Their were 4 guitarist on stage during the HOTE tour

Brothers for life. RIP Glenn

I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet. It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it. But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some." -Don Henley

Border Rebel

I'm sure that Vince has a following that will help the numbers, but I don't think the rise will be significant.

However, I don't think that's why the choice was made, and I'm glad it wasn't made for that reason. I think Vince is a great choice musically and personality-wise. His guitar playing and vocals should fit right in with the Eagles. Don has worked with him before, seems comfortable with him, and their voices blend very nicely. I believe remember seeing that Vince and Joe are friends or have worked together before (someone correct me if I'm wrong with that), and the fact that he and Glenn were friends makes him a nice choice as well, IMHO. I don't know too much about Vince, but he seems to have a laid back personality that will make it an easier transition. Also, the fact that he's about ten years younger than the current members of the Eagles is also a plus, as it can help fill in for some of the spots where Don, Timothy and Joe's voices are declining.

I LOVE the picture of the 5 of them! Deacon looks awesome, and the other 4, not too shabby, either!