Page 92 of 166 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Ooops. Already posted.

Vince did a spectacular job with "I Can't Tell You Why" for the Common Threads album. He's a fabulous musician and is considered one of the premiere pickers in Nashville. After Glenn died, Vince sang "Peaceful Easy Feeling" in tribute to him at the Grand Ole Opry. I'm sure Glenn would approve of his inclusion wholeheartedly.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-wZhXQdbrY

I saw Vince in concert a few years ago in Huntsville. He puts on a great show. He was talking about CT and said, "Yeah, I wanted to sing 'Already Gone' or something, but they didn't even think about me for that one. I was destined to sing 'I Can't Tell You Why'." He was being funny, though. He did talk a little about how much he loves the Eagles and how thrilled he was to be tapped for the album.

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    While the price change/day pass will probably entice people who otherwise wouldn't have come, the change in prices and the one-day pass aspect isn't getting a lot of press. Most people who have already written this off aren't coming back constantly to see if prices have dropped, or if a one day pass is now available.

Nowadays, most people read headlines and little else. Sad but true. The change in pricing and the one-day pass aspect is buried at the bottom of the Vince Gill announcement. It will be seen by some, but not most. As for the Mac fans that don't give a hoot about the "new Eagles" and probably won't even click on this - well, they won't even hear about the new day pass option.

Am I missing something? Has the pricing change received press elsewhere and I've just not seen it?

As for the addition of Vince Gill... well, certainly, that will entice his fans to come. I don't think the casual Eagles fan will jump up and run to see Classic Rock East/West just to have the privilege of seeing Vince's first show with the Eagles, though.

What do you guys think? Will Vince Gill as a member really up the numbers?
    All good questions Soda. Personally, I don't think adding Vince Gill as an Eagle is the panacea.

Since I can't afford tickets or plane fare to any of the shows, it's kind of an academic question for me. I can tell you that one of the great things about The Eagles is they appeal to such a wide audience. (Like we didn't all know that. LOL.) Country fans usually like them, too, and I think they'll be very interested in seeing Vince with the band. He normally doesn't have any problems selling tickets for his solo shows, so I'd think there would be a fair amount of interest.

I think the shows themselves will be fantastic.

It's true that Vince Gill is well-respected. I wouldn't have been keen on whoever they picked, but it had to be someone, and Vince Gill is undoubtedly talented. Why not him?

There's nothing to soften Vince Gill as the new kid in town; his addition underlines the fact that Glenn has joined the ranks of Don Felder as just another expendable player.

That seems wrong to me. That's not Vince Gill's fault, though.

However, I'm happy for those of you who are excited about this. From all accounts, Vince Gill seems like a nice man.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

just an FYI

Patrick Simmons of the Doobie Brothers announced on Good Morning America this morning the new lineup while promoting the Classic tour.

Video of EW&F performing today on GMA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lxkbDlIXLVw

Doobies also performed perhaps GMA has a link of their website.

Vince Gill....wow..what a load of crap.

The Eagles died long before Glenn. Now they are just ruining whatever little respect I still had for them.

@Soda: Vince is a very nice man. He's well known in Nashville as being one of the go-to people if you need someone to raise money for a charity. Seems like Glenn may have played at Vince's annual charity golf event, the Vinny.

I think maybe what the guys were thinking was take some of the burden off Deacon. Those are big shoes to fill. I don't think it makes Glenn expendable -- I look at it as a way of honoring the incredible legacy he left, and doing it in a way I feel is respectful. They didn't look for some kid to do it. They wanted someone who is also one of the top dogs in the music world -- someone they felt could live up to the demands of the music.

It's painful to think about the Eagles without Glenn, and it does seem sort of sacrilegious in a way to think anyone could ever take his place. But I'm trying to see it as them honoring his place, rather than replacing him.

Border Desperado

I think Vince will be a nice addition. He is well known as a fantastic guitar player, and also plays mandolin (Saturday Night).
    Plus, Vince is a tenor. This will help also in harmonies if Timothy's voice isn't 100 percent. It seems he is struggling on the higher notes at times.

I take it Bernie Leadon isn't still involved?