Page 36 of 166 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Banned

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    I would think Don, Tim and Joe will participate in an organized publicity blitz, at the right time for when they do that type of thing. Late June, early July?
    I'm sure Don, Joe and Tim will be absolutely delighted if the tickets sell out without them having to do any promotion.

Irving does the promotion, the band need to deliver the goods on stage.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Agreed, I think it's enough to have it on their websites, social media, and then show up and play. These two shows probably don't warrant a press conference, but I was thinking of the one they did at the Forum before those shows, and the one they did in Europe that they showed in the HoTE doc.

Wouldn't this count as announcement from the band?

https://eagles.com/

With Glenn's name right on top, a reminder of him hovering over everything they ever do again, as it should be.

https://timothybschmit.com/#/

https://donhenley.com/
    On Eagles.com I don't see Glenn's name on top I see it on the bottom below all the Classic advertising. It's weird kinda eerie and has a legal feel to it as though they are trying to ensure consumers know Glenn Frey won't be there because he's deceased.

Glenn Frey 1948-2016

Stuck on the Border

I'm sure Don has taken into consideration how fans feel, and I'm sure he hears the "it's not the Eagles without Glenn" from the Glenn fans, as is expected any time one of the founders of any successful band dies. It appears there are other factors more important to him, and he isn't going to let his future be determined or impacted by those sentiments.
    Do you have any idea how this sounds to Glenn Frey fans?

He's dead. Get over it. Just like I have, says Henley. I'm such a professional. I am such a hard headed man. It's .... business as usual.

It seems to me the only thing Henley cares about is money. There is also his big birthday bash in Dallas where he gets to congratulate himself.

Meanwhile his former partner just... slowly fades away, to coin a phrase.

I don't think they will do any promotion in person either.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    On Eagles.com I don't see Glenn's name on top I see it on the bottom below all the Classic advertising. It's weird kinda eerie and has a legal feel to it as though they are trying to ensure consumers know Glenn Frey won't be there because he's deceased.

Glenn Frey 1948-2016
    I see that right at the top. I see it as an acknowledgment that while life does go on, that Glenn is very far from being forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post

He's dead. Get over it. Just like I have, says Henley. I'm such a professional. I am such a hard headed man. It's .... business as usual.

It seems to me the only thing Henley cares about is money. There is also his big birthday bash in Dallas where he gets to congratulate himself.

I understand your pain and upset concerning this. But, I don't interpret Don H's actions in the way that you do.

As I said long before the concerts were on the table, it doesn't help Glenn or our memory of Glenn if the songs aren't played again. Any Eagles concerts will, forever more, promote the memory of Glenn, not bury him.

I cannot believe that a songwriter would not want their songs played after they have gone.

Stuck on the Border

Yes. But we don't know if they are going to play any of his songs. This is the elephant in the room: what will the setlist be like? I see some have started speculating on that in the pre-concert thread. Forgive me if I don't join you.

By the way someone mentioned Steve Jobs & his legacy. There is a difference. Steve Jobs was not a musician/performer.
    Last edited by Freypower; 03-30-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    I see that right at the top. I see it as an acknowledgment that while life does go on, that Glenn is very far from being forgotten.

I understand your pain and upset concerning this. But, I don't interpret Don H's actions in the way that you do.

As I said long before the concerts were on the table, it doesn't help Glenn or our memory of Glenn if the songs aren't played again. Any Eagles concerts will, forever more, promote the memory of Glenn, not bury him.

I cannot believe that a songwriter would not want their songs played after they have gone.
    Thanks AT but I'm still not seeing Glenn's name on top only on the bottom. Have no clue what's up with that.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Yes. But we don't know if they are going to play any of his songs. This is the elephant in the room: what will the setlist be like? I see some have started speculating on that in the pre-concert thread. Forgive me if I don't join you.

By the way someone mentioned Steve Jobs & his legacy. There is a difference. Steve Jobs was not a musician/performer.
    I'm thinking of The Beatles actually. When the (then) remaining three Beatles got back together, they only recorded John Lennon songs. As Paul McCartney said, that wasn't what the Beatles were about: they all wrote songs. But, they couldn't continue their reunited activity as they didn't feel right doing something without John there. I expect that Glenn will be prominent in what Eagles do. The Beatles reunion was self-limited in that even though John Lennon passed on a decade before it happened, he was in some ways more prominent in the reunion than the other, then living, members.

I'm not sure what will happen at the concerts. But, I do believe that having something left of Eagles (which is what I interpret this to be, not full Eagles) is better than having nothing left and the music dying. I would personally prefer that they play Glenn's songs, either singing them themselves or even better with guest artists. That is one step towards making the songs live on.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
    Thanks AT but I'm still not seeing Glenn's name on top only on the bottom. Have no clue what's up with that.
    What browser are you using? I'm using Safari on a mac.

EDIT2: Ah, on Firefox the tribute is down the bottom. On Chrome, it's up the top like it is when using Safari.
    Last edited by Annoying Twit; 03-30-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Really FP - is this the level you are at now ?? What gives you the right to say those things about Don Henley ? How dare you assume that the only thing he cares about is money ? You have NO IDEA what he thinks or feels and he has EVERY right to congratulate himself on his 70th birthday!!
    If Glenn was doing something like this, it would be a completely different story with you. You are blowing this whole thing out of proportion and making it into something it is not. Why would you think that Glenn will fade away? He will always be there and those that truly love the Eagles will know that.

I know you are upset about Glenn not being here but you need to take a step back (again!!) and stop blaming Don for this. Its obvious from your posts that you have no respect for Don, so it would be respectful to his fans if you would rein back on your comments about him. It definitely reeks of an Azoff money grab but Don is not the only Eagle here - what about Joe and Timothy ? Do you think this would be going ahead if they didn't agree with it ? I'm not saying that this is a good thing and I don't really agree with it but slagging off Don to this degree when you know nothing about the facts is not going to change the fact that it is going ahead.
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by L101 View Post
    Really FP - is this the level you are at now ?? What gives you the right to say those things about Don Henley ? How dare you assume that the only thing he cares about is money ? You have NO IDEA what he thinks or feels and he has EVERY right to congratulate himself on his 70th birthday!!
    If Glenn was doing something like this, it would be a completely different story with you. You are blowing this whole thing out of proportion and making it into something it is not. Why would you think that Glenn will fade away? He will always be there and those that truly love the Eagles will know that.

I know you are upset about Glenn not being here but you need to take a step back (again!!) and stop blaming Don for this. Its obvious from your posts that you have no respect for Don, so it would be respectful to his fans if you would rein back on your comments about him. It definitely reeks of an Azoff money grab but Don is not the only Eagle here - what about Joe and Timothy ? Do you think this would be going ahead if they didn't agree with it ? I'm not saying that this is a good thing and I don't really agree with it but slagging off Don to this degree when you know nothing about the facts is not going to change the fact that it is going ahead.
    I am not only going to blame Irving for this. Don is the next most obvious person, the person who said they would be 'desperate' to perform without Glenn. The cold hard facts are that Joe & Tim have no say. They do what they are told. They always have.

I have a great deal less respect for Don Henley after this episode, that is true (it is not true & has never been true that I have no respect for him), and I expressed myself forcefully, partly because I was very annoyed about MC's mention of 'other factors' which override the loss of Glenn Frey, which apparently make it OK for this to happen. The birthday part was snarky, I admit, and too emotional. But I am emotional about this. I see it is a complete betrayal. My days here are numbered, as I cannot & will not support this event.