Page 23 of 166 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

  1. #221
    Stuck on the Border Topkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    3,318

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Like they don't already have enough backing singers if they use the old backing band.

    This just emphasises the massive gap that will exist without Glenn's voice.
    I don't think they need female back up singers. When they do a solo show they need some back up harmonies, The Eagles do their own harmonies, they don't need the female backup singers. The Stones do that because they are lacking in the vocal department, the Eagles aren't. They have full back up band, they don't need anything more than that.

    I also think that maybe some of the other band members can sing some of Glenn's leads. I'm not thrilled with anyone replacing Glenn. Anyone they bring up just doesn't seem suitable. Don't really want some famous country singer stepping into this to sing Glenns songs. Don, Timothy & Joe can all sing. Not the same as Glenn's voice but it would still be a band member.

  2. #222
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,546

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Witchy Woman View Post
    Joe Walsh was interviewed on The Craig Ferguson Show on Sirius/XM and was asked about the shows. He said that Don, Timothy, and he were talking about it and will call themselves Eagles Family And Friends. That sounds far better to me then what was being bandied about. Now, to see who the friends are.
    Joe has confirmed it's happening then?! Wow. The longer it's gone without an official statement, I felt like it couldn't be true. Oh my.

  3. #223
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Topkat View Post
    I don't think they need female back up singers. When they do a solo show they need some back up harmonies, The Eagles do their own harmonies, they don't need the female backup singers. The Stones do that because they are lacking in the vocal department, the Eagles aren't. They have full back up band, they don't need anything more than that.

    I also think that maybe some of the other band members can sing some of Glenn's leads. I'm not thrilled with anyone replacing Glenn. Anyone they bring up just doesn't seem suitable. Don't really want some famous country singer stepping into this to sing Glenns songs. Don, Timothy & Joe can all sing. Not the same as Glenn's voice but it would still be a band member.
    Without going off topic the Stones have precisely two backing singers, Bernard Fowler & Lisa Fischer, and Fischer is there mainly for Gimme Shelter.

    Whatever happens I will struggle to have even the most rudimentary interest in it.

    As for the comment above about WANTING & NEEDING to play together I cannot understand why they wish to do this without Glenn Frey.

  4. #224
    Border Desperado Philh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    The music publication NME here in the U.K. say the Eagles are one of the acts rumoured to be playing the Legends slot at this year's Glastonbury festival.
    Wishful thinking I'm assuming!

    http://www.nme.com/news/music/diana-..._medium=social

  5. #225
    Border Desperado Philh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Pollstar have now removed their listing for the Classic East and West festivals. Hopefully just waiting for the official announcement.

  6. #226
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Philh View Post
    The music publication NME here in the U.K. say the Eagles are one of the acts rumoured to be playing the Legends slot at this year's Glastonbury festival.
    Wishful thinking I'm assuming!

    http://www.nme.com/news/music/diana-..._medium=social
    Given that Henley will only just have finished a solo tour (June 18th), I can't see him being ready for an Eagles concert on a different continent a few days later.
    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    As for the comment above about WANTING & NEEDING to play together I cannot understand why they wish to do this without Glenn Frey.
    Anyone who's had a solo career appreciates the chance to play without being the boss, calling all the shots and carrying all the responsibility.

    The Eagles, including their entourage will be a huge team. As I see it, most of them will defer to the musicians the musicians will defer to the band members. Joe and Tim defer to Glenn and Don. Don deferred to Glenn. Somewhere, Irving's devilish powers of persuasion carry a hefty clout too.

    The wonderful thing about being in the Eagles is that the collective is more rewarding than the solo stuff. It's the music business at the very top of the tree. It's what they've been used to for decades.

    There are thousands and thousands of musicians who aspire to thrive in the music business. From all those, I bet you could count on your fingers and toes those who would refuse a chance to be on stage as the Eagles. Even Bernie and Randy who actually did chuck it in, in the seventies, have had second thoughts. Despite all the friction and negativity, and suing the band in court, I'm sure Felder would jump at the opportunity too.

    It's not why they wish to, it's, presented with the chance by Irving, it's why wouldn't they.

  8. #228
    Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Leicester, UK
    Posts
    3,384

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post

    There are thousands and thousands of musicians who aspire to thrive in the music business. From all those, I bet you could count on your fingers and toes those who would refuse a chance to be on stage as the Eagles.
    First, I don't think we're talking about the Eagles, but Eagles Family & Friends which is a different entity. In my eyes at least.

    I do agree that there are lots of reasons why they would want to play together again.

    BTW: I think that John Lydon would refuse a chance to be on stage as the Eagles.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    I know you took some convincing to acknowledge that these gigs were actually going to take place AT. I'll believe the billing when I see the posters.

    It'll be;
    The Eagles
    + Family And Friends

    wont it

  10. #230
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    3,396

    Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

    Quote Originally Posted by Funk 50 View Post
    I know you took some convincing to acknowledge that these gigs were actually going to take place AT. I'll believe the billing when I see the posters.

    It'll be;
    The Eagles
    + Family And Friends

    wont it
    That would be:
    Eagles
    + Family And Friends

    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •