Page 62 of 166 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

I checked the site for Citi Field and there were still plenty of seats from $238.00 on up. The only tickets to sell out so far from what I could tell were the $150.00. However, I read from a post on FB by someone who had purchased the $150.00 tickets that there was an $80.00 surcharge.

Thank you Soda and NKIT, appreciate your replies!

Dawn

Border Troubadour

Just thinking aloud with something I meant to ask a long time ago - if touring isn't tremendously profitable for Don H. solo, why did he increase the size of his backing band by almost 50% with the horn section? They sounded perfectly fine without them when I saw them over here, and he seemed to cope without them for ages.

Stuck on the Border

Dawn - My pleasure ! If you do go to the East concert, the hotels/motels will be very expensive. Anything in NY or Long Island costs a fortune. In addition, I would bet the price of a place to stay increases 50%. You could wind up spending a small fortune by the time everything is paid for. You could stay in NJ(where I live) but you would than have to take trains/subways to the stadium or rent a car, which costs a fortune. Just thought I would give you a heads up on this and give my 2c, which of course accounts for nothing.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Having read extensively through this thread I don't think I have anything to add that hasn't already been said. I too would probably be classed as one of those Frey fans who would be happier living in the past as opposed to embracing the new regime with open arms. Well it's how I feel and I make no apologies for it.
    I won't be going to either of the festival shows in the USA anyway. I will be interested to see what the set list is and how it will be presented to the fans. I think that to suggest that any seats that cost less than $900 are 'cheap' says it all. I remember the days not so long ago when I got to see the guys from the front row for less than that.

As for Soda. I know how upsetting the last 15 months have been and how hard she has worked to maintain this board particularly in the weeks following Glenn 's death. It is her board, her Baby (as we say) her choice to run the board as she sees fit and I would support her in any decision there.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Glennsallnighter View Post
    Having read extensively through this thread I don't think I have anything to add that hasn't already been said. I too would probably be classed as one of those Frey fans who would be happier living in the past as opposed to embracing the new regime with open arms. Well it's how I feel and I make no apologies for it.
    I won't be going to either of the festival shows in the USA anyway. I will be interested to see what the set list is and how it will be presented to the fans. I think that to suggest that any seats that cost less than $900 are 'cheap' says it all. I remember the days not so long ago when I got to see the guys from the front row for less than that.

As for Soda. I know how upsetting the last 15 months have been and how hard she has worked to maintain this board particularly in the weeks following Glenn 's death. It is her board, her Baby (as we say) her choice to run the board as she sees fit and I would support her in any decision there.
    I agree on all counts, GA. Glenn's death is still very painful for me.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm1968 View Post
    I am not surprised. I figured that they would not be able to resist it and that there would be some on here that would hate it.

Now if they would just include Meisner (if he's able) and Felder, that would be great for me personally. I love the Eagles, all of them, no matter what the lineup, and I will support them.
    I agree!
    It will seem more like the band if the Remaining Six could be together.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/timot...agles-reunion/

Timothy seems very nonchalant about this...

I definitely doubt Felder would be back. That would be very disrespectful to Glenn....as much as I wish Felder would have been back in the band long ago, to bring him back after Glenn's death would add fuel to the fire. It may contain more original members but it would disrespect Glenn. That's my take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    http://ultimateclassicrock.com/timot...agles-reunion/

Timothy seems very nonchalant about this...
    Yes he does.

Also, this "sworn to secrecy" hype about the mystery new hires is deplorable. How many more tickets do they need to sell before the public reveal?

Seriously. Not. Impressed.