Page 48 of 166 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan View Post
    I don't have any intention one way or another, but he and the Eagles at large have always been shrewd businessmen. I'm pretty sure Henley wouldn't go out and reform the Eagles without Frey unless he was able to command a lot of money to do so. And the 70th birthday party is clearly a way to market a big time concert...he wouldn't be selling out American Airlines arena without an angle like that.
    What is wrong with Don having a big concert for his 70th ? My only problem with this is that I can't go to it! He had no problem selling out big arenas on his solo tour and I'm sure that his main "angle" for this is to have a good time and to celebrate his achievements with actual fans.
    Yes, money is a factor here but its the same with all of us.
    If you don't agree with what Don is doing, that's fine but don't make him out to be some cold, money obsessed person. If you have a problem with this, write to Irving and see what he says!
    "The more I know, the less I understand...."

Don't crack up, bend your brain, see both sides, throw off your mental chains"

Stuck on the Border

Village Girl - I too(as was everyone here) surprised about Glenn's Death. However, when the Eagles released a statement saying they would be cancelling the KCH due to Glenn's health I figured it was serious. The statement said something along the lines of him needing surgery for a prior intestional issue that would require a lengthy period of recovery.

Based on information via numerous interviews posted here and elsewhere after Glenn's death, I got the impression the Eagles knew things were not good. Bob Seger gave interviews stating Glenn was in a drug induced coma since Nov. and Irvin has the best doctors trying to help him. He also stated he met Don H. in NYC in Nov. and he was advised of Glenn's condition. Bob indicated Don stayed in constant touch with him via text messages until Glenn passed. We now know, based on the interview Don gave with the Washington Post last Dec. at the time of the KCH, that he and his wife Sharon had visited Glenn and Cindy in the ICU that Dec. before Glenn passed. Joe and Tim were also in NYC in Dec. and I would not be surprised if they also visited Glenn. Glenn and all the Eagles were/are very private people. They always have been going back to the 70''s. In a interview I read here(Glenn and the press I think), a friend of his was interviewed. The friend stated he had received a text from Glenn stating he needed very serious surgery and not to tell anyone. I firmly believe Glenn made his wishes regarding publicity and the fans "right to know" to Cindy before his surgery. She simply followed his wishes. Had the seriousness of his condition been know, press would have been camped outside the hospital harassing his family every time they entered and left. Everyone has a right to privacy, especially at a time when a loved one is dying.

MC - I disagree regarding a tribute concert should be up to Cindy Frey. I feel this should be handled by Irvin Azoff. He was Glenn's manager for his entire tenure in the Eagles. This kind of thing is Irvin's job and he has been doing it his entire adult life. He knows how to run these things, not Cindy. It seems Irvin and the Eagles feel they have done enough to honor Glenn with the Grammy salute and private memorial. Sad but true. These last two concerts and the birthday bash appear to be the last money grab. I have been on the Eagles FB site and it seems to be 60/40 % against the concerts. Almost every poster has complained about the high ticket prices and many people have made statements about the Eagles being all about money and being the first to start the high ticket prices beginning with the HFO Tour. Watching that video without Glenn made me feel very sad and depressed.
    *Soda I apologize if you feel this is in the wrong thread. I just wanted to respond to earlier posts. TY.

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    It seems Irvin and the Eagles feel they have done enough to honor Glenn with the Grammy salute and private memorial. Sad but true.
    All three remaining Eagles have given tributes to Glenn at solo shows. So, even now it hasn't been just the Grammy salute and the private memorial.

We don't know what the remaining Eagles are planning to do to honour Glenn, at the forthcoming concerts or elsewhere. I would be shocked if there wasn't a tribute to Glenn in some way at the concerts.

Out on the Border

WFAN in NYC just ran a promo for the concert and guess who was signing on the promo? Glenn Frey....Take It Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesfan View Post
    WFAN in NYC just ran a promo for the concert and guess who was signing on the promo? Glenn Frey....Take It Easy.
    We don't know who is in charge of making the promos, and whether or not they know their elbow from their posterior. As is often said: don't attribute to malice what can equally be explained by stupidity.

Absolutely agree about a tribute for Glenn Frey. Should have happened by now but given what's been in the works for several months plus their solo concerts & other commitments I suppose there could have been a conflict of sorts or perhaps even concern it could/would impact the Eagles summer 2 city reunion tour. Who knows. All I know is the Grammy salute is not on par with a live concert/tribute, the memorial at the Forum while I'm sure very special, was for family and friends and Don, TBS and JW honoring Glenn Frey in their solo shows would only be seen by those fans in attendance.

Glenn Frey deserved and still deserves a tribute. I really don't think the Classic East/West stadiums are proper venues at all. Second, it's not being billed as a Tribute concert to Glenn Frey. It's "One Ticket. Two Nights. 6 Legendary Bands". Of course they will honor Glenn. There are media reports of them having secret meetings with other performers as well as discussions about whether they should forego that route and do their own thing.
    Last edited by Dawn; 04-04-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Stuck on the Border

"The Eagles summer reunion tour??"

Out on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying Twit View Post
    We don't know who is in charge of making the promos, and whether or not they know their elbow from their posterior. As is often said: don't attribute to malice what can equally be explained by stupidity.
    I don't atribute any malice to it.

Not many artists get a really good tribute. In my opinion, The Concert for George is pretty much the ideal. However, that had both Jeff Lynne and Eric Clapton organising it, working with Dani and Olivia Harrison. Not many artists are as lucky as to have such a team working towards their tribute.

Quote Originally Posted by chaim View Post
    "The Eagles summer reunion tour??"
    Sorry, edited to add 2 city ... talking about The Classic