Page 31 of 166 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

So disappointed. And depressed. All of the sudden, I feel the loss of Glenn all over again.
    "Be part of something good--
    Leave something good behind."

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    I don't think Don, Joe, and Tim will forget Glenn. They knew him better than we ever did. Their grief was genuine and deep. I truly believe that.

They're just not going to let his death slow them down when there's money to be made.

"That's what they tell me"? Own it, Don. That's what you decided.

I don't buy the "Don is a victim; it's unfair to criticize him" bit. He is the boss now, and that's why he gets the blame. If you want me to pretend otherwise just so he doesn't have to take any heat for his choices, you'll be disappointed.

I'm not saying he's a bad person. I'm sure he's got a good heart... a loving husband and father, a passionate advocate of causes he believes in. He's certainly amazingly talented. However, he is also in charge of the Eagles legacy, and in my opinion, he's tarnished it.
    Agreed.

And did anyone seriously think they were ever going to bill themselves as anything other than 'Eagles'? Of course they weren't.

By the way my concerns about Glenn being forgotten were about the perception of the band by the general public, not by his bandmates, although their behaviour in this matter has not helped my own view of them.

Quote Originally Posted by FreyFollower
    All of the sudden, I feel the loss of Glenn all over again.
    Same here. After my classes, once I was alone in my office, the tears fell. It took me a long time to come to terms with losing Glenn; I still miss him, but I felt some closure after my trip to California... and then this comes along and shatters my heart once more.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I hope this is a one off i.e. Led Zeppelin celebration day. Just one off . Maybe it is a tribute show for Glenn. Henley seems to me like someone who won't do any harm to the Eagles because Glenn was his brother songwriter.

Maybe it's a way for them to actually get Closure. Because remember the Grammy Debacle? I don't think they got closure. So for this Concert maybe it's their coping.

I am 100% sure they had to get permission from Cindy in order to do this. IMO if she did not give her consent or did not feel it was appropriate they would not have done this.

TBH the only way they could have done anything to disrespect is to have included Felder.

But maybe they are not going to take profits from this. May be its for this crew/donate it to rheumatoid arthritis research.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by travlnman2 View Post
    I hope this is a one off i.e. Led Zeppelin celebration day. Just one off . Maybe it is a tribute show for Glenn. Henley seems to me like someone who won't do any harm to the Eagles because Glenn was his brother songwriter.

Maybe it's a way for them to actually get Closure. Because remember the Grammy Debacle? I don't think they got closure. So for this Concert maybe it's their coping.
    If it was a tribute show it would have been billed as such and they would not have shared billing with other bands.

I've been reading this thread with interest, but didn't want to make up my mind about going until the formal announcement came out. I figured the East concert is so close to Manhattan, and maybe I would go to the Eagles night if it seemed like it was going to be something I could be ok with.

Then I watched the announcement video, and Glenn was completely absent from any of the Eagles video clips (as I guess he would be), and there was only a vocal from TIE at the end to know that he ever sang even one Eagles song... It all just seemed so cold and crass, and it really upset me. It was like someone took an eraser and removed Glenn completely.

There was a part of me that had wanted to go to this because I love their music so much, but there is no way I'm coughing up $ for both nights when the Eagles are the only band I am interested in seeing. If the date comes around and I feel like taking the subway out to see if I can get in cheap, I may still try. There is a part of me that wants to hear those songs one last time...

But it is all pretty disheartening, and has really turned me off. Making you buy both nights is just greedy. I know it will sell out, and everyone will make a ton of money. Yuck.

Broken hearted, sad and NOT going. I miss Glenn more now. Very disappointed.

Oy vey...

Well I truly think this was Irving's brainchild as he has ties to these acts...

But Don had to approve it. I'm sure the money involved would be hard to pass up, but still I feel as if it was the wrong choice. And I don't blame anyone for feeling like he made the wrong choice or thinking less of him because of it. I guarantee you the DH fans would be just as vocal and upset if the roles were reversed. Sometimes it's nice to sit back and see it from another perspective. I don't believe for a second Don is a bad guy (though Irving is another matter). But I wish he had better self control when it comes to doing whats right vs money.

The Classic shows video on the Eagles FB page has specifically cut Glenn out of all of the shots of the band performing live. I feel that was a very low thing to do.

I wouldn't have went regardless, but I feel a lot like Soda in that it's not right.

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    If it was a tribute show it would have been billed as such and they would not have shared billing with other bands.
    Agreed. It would (or should!) have been a standalone, one-off fundraiser (probably in a more suitable or notable venue too) and made very clear that it was in Glenn's honour / memory and not a simple reprise of the band. They could have even gone further and made it an 'Evening...' kind of event with everyone there to celebrate Glenn's life and work, of which an 'Eagles' gig could have been the centrepiece. It would have raised an absolute fortune and given Glenn the (eventual!) goodbye he deserves.

This on the other hand just strikes me as a cash grab. Even if some of the proceedings do go towards Glenn's causes, it's still horrendously expensive, and a very watered down Eagles experience.