Page 155 of 166 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 1651

Thread: Eagles.... 3.0

Stuck on the Border Annoying Twit's Avatar

Default Re: Eagles.... 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Evidentally Cindy Frey is the only person Glenn trusted to make future decisions since he left her totally in charge of everything he spent most of his life working for. They were together for quite some time and I would think they said things to each other concerning business and personal matters that no one else but the two of them will ever know about. Based solely on articles I have read about the Frey's, I have a hard time believing that Irving or Don could push her into anything that she wasn't comfortable with. I'm not sure they would try. Even if they did, she seems totally capable of standing her ground. Since Glenn's passing, I've read a lot of comments (more pro than con) on 3 or 4 fan sites about Don, Joe and Timothy's right to continue. Some of the comments seem to indicate that there are a few fans who have self appointed themselves as guardians of Glenn's legacy when in reality Cindy is the only one who legally holds that right. While I haven't been to an Eagles concert since 2015 and I have yet to make a decision about future shows, I respect everyone elses right to their feelings, decisions and choices. I won't attempt to change your mind and you won't change mine.
    I agree completely with what you say in terms of Cindy being the person who is now naturally the guardian of Glenn's legacy.

But, it isn't just Cindy who would have had a say; I don't believe that anyone could make Deacon participate if he didn't think it was the right thing to do.

Border Rebel

Quote Originally Posted by WalshFan88 View Post
    As far as Cindy, well I don't think it was her idea, so I personally can't blame her. He did endorse it and give the ok, but I think it wasn't her idea. That had to be Irving who IMO brainwashed Don and that's how it all started. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen and what I know about Irving, I think he's the bad guy.

The case with Cindy reminds me of that and Ronnie Van Zant of Lynyrd Skynyrd and his wife Judy.

When Skynyrd did their first Tribute Tour in the late 80s, the idea is that they would never use the name again afterwards. After awhile Gary Rossington and Dale Krantz wants to keep it going. They pressured Judy into going along with it with the rule was for that to use the name 3 original members had to be in the band. It was done in court and everything. Well fast forward years later, and there is only one original member and they pressured Judy to revise the deal and she also likely saw the money on the table (not saying Cindy is that way), but the pressure with money involved is very hard to pass up. Right now Gary is the only original member and he's in poor health with a bad heart. When Gary dies, and if they continue the band, IMO Judy will go along with it yet again and then you have a band that doesn't have anything to do with the real Lynyrd Skynyrd watering down the name. I love Gary as a player, but I think he is a greedy man.

It's not an exact comparison, but if you forget about the rule of three, the takeaway and similarity is that pressure with money included is hard to pass up and that it waters down the name.
    As to the part I've bolded: I doubt anyone brainwashes Don. He's an extremely intelligent man with (very) strong opinions of his own. Irving may have put on the pressure and tried to talk him into it, but from everything I've seen and read about the man, Don makes his own decisions.

I've been saying all along when people blame Don and/or Irving in this that it couldn't have happened without Cindy's approval. Glenn's family, as well as his former band mates and manager, approve of it. In part, that's why I still have trouble understanding why so many people here oppose it. I do respect everyone's right to their opinions, but I don't really understand them. But I digress. If Glenn's family, and more specifically Cindy Frey, did not approve of these concerts, they would not be taking place.

And whoever said Don and Irving might have tried to add on dates without Cindy noticing is wrong, IMHO. Her son is performing with them, how could she not notice? And now that she's co-owner of Eagles, she most likely has the power to reject or approve any major move on the bands' part, unless she's okay with Don making all the decisions, which I very much doubt.

Border Desperado

Loved reading your post above Mary! Pretty much feel the same.

Stuck on the Border MaryCalifornia's Avatar

Thanks Soda, you're the best!

I'd like to also point out that I'm sure that Cindy and her 3 children WANT the money that will roll in from future Eagles activities, I'm guessing the money is not insubstantial. Cindy is young and God willing has many decades of life ahead of her - of course she welcomes future and different income streams for herself and her family and Glenn's remaining relatives that he supports. There is nothing wrong with this, it is not unsavory.

This isn't some fairytale fantasyland - it is real life, and it's hard, and Don, Joe, Tim and Cindy are human. Life is messy and complicated and people don't know how to act when someone dies. FreyPower thinks the Eagles should do the "dignified and proper thing". This made me laugh because...um...since when? They're a rock band for God's sake! Underage hookers! Illegal drugs! Bad behavior! Their history is that they play music and make money. That is what they're continuing to do.

They took their time to mourn Glenn, all in their own ways, and now they're living life again and making it up as they go. I wish their fans wouldn't think they're morally reprehensible for trying to continue to live, honor Glenn, and perpetuate the world's enjoyment of the Eagles. It's totally fine if you don't think that's really the Eagles up there, but you don't need to criticize them, you should wish for their success, not for their failure.

Also fantasyland - thinking Don, Tim and Joe would be up there every night as the Eagles if Cindy wasn't behind them 100%. To suggest coercion has zero basis in the facts as we know them and implies that Cindy is weak.

Stuck on the Border

Hi Mary - Welcome back !
    I agree with almost everything you say. The Eagles have always been a business and about making money. This goes back to when they were first formed in Aug. 1971, with their well known desire by all to make a shit load of money. I also believe that no one can make Cindy or Deacon do something they do not want to do. I of course don't know her, but I don't get the impression Cindy is, for lack of a better word, a wimp(sorry). I can't see Glenn marrying some meek, "yes honey" type of woman. I would guess she now feels it is her responsibility to support her family as well as any of Glenn's family members he supported such as his Dad. As I said in my earlier post, I would guess she feels this is a way to honor Glenn and probably gives them some kind of peace and closure. And this is just MHO, but I don't think Don, Cindy, Joe, or Tim care about what any of us think. They will do want they want to do and what they feel is best for them.

Border Desperado

Mary California, I think post #1544 in this thread is the best I have read in a long time!!

I don't understand some of the criticisms from others. I don't know of anyone who works without expecting to get paid. I also applaud Glenn's personal and work families for moving forward and embracing life. I think that their decisions indicate that at least they believe in a future and they still have hope.

You are absolutely right. Soda is the best!!

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by maryc2130 View Post
    As to the part I've bolded: I doubt anyone brainwashes Don. He's an extremely intelligent man with (very) strong opinions of his own. Irving may have put on the pressure and tried to talk him into it, but from everything I've seen and read about the man, Don makes his own decisions.

I've been saying all along when people blame Don and/or Irving in this that it couldn't have happened without Cindy's approval. Glenn's family, as well as his former band mates and manager, approve of it. In part, that's why I still have trouble understanding why so many people here oppose it. I do respect everyone's right to their opinions, but I don't really understand them. But I digress. If Glenn's family, and more specifically Cindy Frey, did not approve of these concerts, they would not be taking place.

And whoever said Don and Irving might have tried to add on dates without Cindy noticing is wrong, IMHO. Her son is performing with them, how could she not notice? And now that she's co-owner of Eagles, she most likely has the power to reject or approve any major move on the bands' part, unless she's okay with Don making all the decisions, which I very much doubt.
    I think you refer to me here. I never said Cindy would not 'notice'. However now the process has been set in motion & she gave her approval, she probably doesn't have to do it any more. It's taken for granted that she approves of it.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by MaryCalifornia View Post
    Thanks Soda, you're the best!

I'd like to also point out that I'm sure that Cindy and her 3 children WANT the money that will roll in from future Eagles activities, I'm guessing the money is not insubstantial. Cindy is young and God willing has many decades of life ahead of her - of course she welcomes future and different income streams for herself and her family and Glenn's remaining relatives that he supports. There is nothing wrong with this, it is not unsavory.

This isn't some fairytale fantasyland - it is real life, and it's hard, and Don, Joe, Tim and Cindy are human. Life is messy and complicated and people don't know how to act when someone dies. FreyPower thinks the Eagles should do the "dignified and proper thing". This made me laugh because...um...since when? They're a rock band for God's sake! Underage hookers! Illegal drugs! Bad behavior! Their history is that they play music and make money. That is what they're continuing to do.

They took their time to mourn Glenn, all in their own ways, and now they're living life again and making it up as they go. I wish their fans wouldn't think they're morally reprehensible for trying to continue to live, honor Glenn, and perpetuate the world's enjoyment of the Eagles. It's totally fine if you don't think that's really the Eagles up there, but you don't need to criticize them, you should wish for their success, not for their failure.

Also fantasyland - thinking Don, Tim and Joe would be up there every night as the Eagles if Cindy wasn't behind them 100%. To suggest coercion has zero basis in the facts as we know them and implies that Cindy is weak.
    Once again I am told that I am not entitled to an opinion. Once again I am told I SHOULD 'wish' for their success. I fail to see why. These are extremely rich men. They are not going to starve.

You talk about me living in fantasyland & then you describe the stuff they did when they were young, in the 70s. They are not young any more, and they are a 'rock band' only in the broadest sense of the term. They could have continued their solo careers & I would not have had a problem. I do have a problem with them calling themselves Eagles, when for me they are no longer any such thing.

Let them make money, then, if that is all they care about. But I don't have to give them any more of MY money. I've done that.

I must agree with FP in the sense I feel a strong presence that we shouldn't be critical of the band because they know best and that they are somehow untouchable or off limits. Nothing could be further from the truth. I also agree with her that I'd like to think they've moved past their carefree years and are maybe mature enough now to do the dignified thing. If not, that's saddening.

As far as Don Henley being brainwashed, I was actually trying to come up with a reason it happened that doesn't put all of the blame on him. I was more or less giving him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he is just as guilty as Irving.

I'm not saying Cindy's weak, but I am saying that just because she approved it doesn't necessarily mean it was the right decision or that there wasn't some kind of secondary gain influencing her decision. I have the right to believe that as much as some of you do on believing that the band is ok for doing what they are and that we should all support them regardless and wish for their success. I have no intention of doing that, as that is nothing more than blind support. I loved what I called the Eagles, and that is not what is out there now with that name.

That's really all I have to say about it at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by WKMB55 View Post
    Mary California, I think post #1544 in this thread is the best I have read in a long time!!

I don't understand some of the criticisms from others. I don't know of anyone who works without expecting to get paid. I also applaud Glenn's personal and work families for moving forward and embracing life. I think that their decisions indicate that at least they believe in a future and they still have hope.

You are absolutely right. Soda is the best!!
    I think you are a bit misguided WKM. I'm not asking them to work for no money. I'm asking them to not work under the Eagles name at all. If they want to make money, which is fine under the right umbrella, they can find a new name and or focus on their solo careers. They can sell real Eagles unreleased vault stuff, they can sell merchandise, whatever. But they lose all of my respect doing what they are doing. To me it's fraudulent. It just is, and that's just how I feel about it.

Don, Joe, and Tim without Glenn but with Glenn's son and Vince Gill doesn't not = Eagles. While I agree that the sum of the parts are greater, for me Glenn was the Eagles heart and soul. I know not everyone feels that way and that's perfectly ok. But it really was his baby and I don't think there is any changing the way I feel about that, I have my own observations and things I've seen. Not to mention his contributions. That is just my take on it, but it does influence how I feel about this Eagles 3.0 business.